Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comments
I stuck this on the old forum, but will just post it here as well.

I'd like it if posts were able to have comments added to them. I know Get Simple isn't a blog system exactly, but it would be nice to have that option when adding pages. Just so you can allow comments or not on each page. Don't know how simple this would be to manage using the XML data storage system, but I think it would be a nice addition.
I too believe that having the ability to allow comments would be a good idea, and also being able to use it is a micro-blog. I like the simplicity of GSCMS - but want to see some more features added like being able to run a continuous blog if I choose, or having comments. Just my .02
I new that 'comments' and 'blog' were going to be the two most sought after features - but as of right now, I am not sure that either of those are in scope.

Hopefully once we get a 'plugin' system created (on the roadmap), these will be simple for a third-party group to develop.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
agree. please admins (developers Smile focus on enhancins CMS capabilities and not blog-like capabilities. Things on roadmap are currently way more important. this is one of those "plugin things"
Do not make a comment feature! CMS is not a blog, companies don't want pepople to post on their sites. Maybe some plugin in the future, but not on this year, first things first