Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question re url before I start
I am new to GetSimple. I only do web design as a hobby so please bear with me. I've easily installed GS onto a sub domain of another website I have. However I want to eventually move the website to its own full domain (once I decide on the exact url). Is there going to be a problem with moving it if I start work on it now, or would I be better to just wait and install it properly on the right full domain to avoid problems?
Many thanks!
The only problem I’ve ever seen has been with the access rights to the back end. By default these are set to only be accessible by its owner (its creator) and that would be the server. Moving to an other server might make the data files inaccessible to the CMS. This does not have to be a problem though, you could simply CHMOD the files to be more accessible.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Try it in your test environment.

Some of the /data files are owned by root, and you'll only be able to move them if you've got root access.

I just tried it on my home server, and it's quite easy to move/clone the entire install so long as you've got root access.