Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Location and Development
Hi there, I'm developing a GS site for a customer but do not want to take down their site while doing the development. My question relates to installing it under the correct url for permanent access.

Can I install GS in a "newsite" folder, then when it is ready, install in the main website folder and simply copy the data files over to the new site folder?

Or is there somewhere in the configuration that I can just copy all the files and change the url to the correct one?

For example, development path: public_html/website/newsite and permanent path: public_html/website

I hope my question is clear enough...thank you!

Jeanie
You shouldn’t have to many problems doing that. As you’re going to be moving it on the same server there should be no access issues with the data files and the GetSimple installation should still work no matter in what folder you place it. Just remember to change the URL setting in the admin panel when you move it, otherwise your links will break.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!