Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple CMS Questions?
Hello all! I am Ato. new to the forum. I don't know where to post this question so I will post it here. My Boss have Questions about GetSimple CMS.

Here are the questions:
1. Which systems have to be hosted/installed on a web server
versus which systems are hosted by the CMS company.
2. Any cost associated with the CMS
3. Your thoughts on ease of use
4. Ability to brand the CMS for my company
5. Does the CMS require PHP, SQL, etc.

please email me atonibay@gmail.com when you have the answers or post your answers here.

Thank you!
Atonibay
B3T4testeR Wrote:Which systems have to be hosted/installed on a web server versus which systems are hosted by the CMS company.
The bare minimum requirement for your server would be PHP 5.1.3 with SimpleXML support. If you are planning to use Fancy URLs your server will need to support mod_rewrite (or something similar).

Most of us run GetSimple on Linux/Unix servers but it should run on Windows too. Almost all testing is done with Apache webserver software, so if your server runs on something else we wont be able to help you but it might still run.

Nothing is hosted by us, we don’t have the funds for that. You download the CMS and run it on your own server.

B3T4testeR Wrote:Any cost associated with the CMS
None, though we’d like a donation (press the big button) if you’re using it for commercial purposes. This is not required but would help Chris keep GetSimple available.

Of course you might have other costs like the layout and the server.

B3T4testeR Wrote:Your thoughts on ease of use
Doesn’t get much easier!

B3T4testeR Wrote:Ability to brand the CMS for my company
On the front end: 100%
The admin page: 100%, if you know your way around PHP. Otherwise this would be limited to CSS (style) changes only.

B3T4testeR Wrote:Does the CMS require PHP, SQL, etc.
Only PHP, as I mentioned as one of the requirements. It doesn’t use a database as it uses XML-files to store data instead.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thank you for answering my questions. We are testing all simple and light weight CMS solutions. When my Boss decided to choose GetSimple CMS I will let you know for sure. Good luck! Smile