Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front End User Login Enhanced Plugin (XML only)
(2015-01-03, 21:45:58)davetest Wrote: I'm currently using "Fancy URLs" and I have my site currently in a sub directory, so I'm guessing this is the reason for the problem. Any thoughts on how to fix it?
The plugin is not intended to work with fancy URLs (because the original plugin also don't is), you would have to change every line an URL is created by the plugin.

(2015-01-03, 21:45:58)davetest Wrote: Also is it possible to add a "Remember Me" option to login?
Might be possible with a cookie, if someone would post a patch I could integrate it.
Thanks for quick reply. Interestingly I've now tried login with as a user and that actually logs-in ok (even with Fancy URLs enabled with the 'faulty' url) and when the logout option shows up that link actually has the correct URL without the double inclusion of the sub-directory. Does that give any clue to an easy fix?

It would be so good if there was ever a way to fix it properly for Fancy URLs and it would make this Plugin truly awesome!

...and if someone could come up with a cookie for a 'Remember Me' option it would be truly truly awesome!
(2015-01-03, 22:53:47)davetest Wrote: when the logout option shows up that link actually has the correct URL without the double inclusion of the sub-directory. Does that give any clue to an easy fix?
No, because the logout will always redirect to the front page and the front page needs no fancy URL. The login could also always be redirected to the front page but that would not be always the correct place to go to after a login.

And if it works but only has some cosmetic issues in the URL bar, it's not really a problem.
Hi,

I installed this great plugin.
But I missed a (customize) profile page.
I also used the 'I18N Special Pages'-plugin and can make a profile-page with this plugin.

But how can a logged-in user edit his own (Special-Page) profile? Is this possible? Maybe with a little PHP-snippet?

Christophe
Currently there is no way to edit or even have profile page.

I don't understand for what purpose such a page would be useful. If something of the user data need to be changed it should be done by an administrator.
Thx for The fast answer.
It is for a business site.
A user logged in and make his own single business-page (profile-page).
I wil make the page with the 'special pages' plugin, and link every user to his own single page.
That is what I want.

I hope you understand what I mean?
That's not an intended use for the plugin and therefor is not possible. The plugin allows to restrict access to certain pages of a website but it don't allows users to make any inputs to the CMS, which is what you want.

If you want to use the plugin for that purpose you will need to rewrite it at the source level.
What determines how long a user stays logged-in?

Is there a way to adjust the time before a user is automatically logged out?
There is no auto logout. You will stay logged in until you click logout or close your browser.
Hello, I'm hoping you can help me accomplish something with your plugin (which is great by the way!).

I want to allow three different groups to be able to login and access one page of my website. I would like the page to have three different content areas, one for each group. So if you're logged in under "Group A", you'll only see the content for that group - if you're logged in under "Group B", you'll only see the content for that group, etc...

Can you tell me if this is possible and how to edit the code below to make it work? Thanks!

PHP Code:
<?php if(!empty($_SESSION['LoggedIn']))    { ?>
Group A Content
<?php ?>

Group B Content
<?php ?>

Group C Content
<?php ?>
PHP Code:
<?php
    $currentUserGroups 
getCurrentUserGroups();
    foreach(
$currentUserGroups as $userGroup) {
        if(
$userGroup == 'GroupA') {

?>Group A Content<?php

}
        elseif(
$userGroup == 'GroupB') {

?>Group B Content<?php

}
        elseif(
$userGroup == 'GroupC') {

?>Group C Content<?php

}
        elseif(
$userGroup == 'Unauthorized') {

?>Default Content<?php

}
    }

?>

That will only work correct if you restrict every user to one group. If you have more than one group for a user, the user will see the content of all groups in which the user is a member.
(2015-02-19, 18:43:48)ds10 Wrote:
PHP Code:
<?php
    $currentUserGroups 
getCurrentUserGroups();
    foreach(
$currentUserGroups as $userGroup) {
        if(
$userGroup == 'GroupA') {

?>Group A Content<?php

}
        elseif(
$userGroup == 'GroupB') {

?>Group B Content<?php

}
        elseif(
$userGroup == 'GroupC') {

?>Group C Content<?php

}
        elseif(
$userGroup == 'Unauthorized') {

?>Default Content<?php

}
    }

?>

This is exactly what I was hoping for - thank you so much for your assistance! Great plugin and support!
Hallo,
I'm searching for a possibility to import 1.200 users/user-accounts from a mysql-database to this plugin, because I have to migrate them to a new getsimple-website.
There should be some separate groups (around 5 to 8) and for every group then should be set permissions for a set/subtree of donwload-dirs with different files.
Is this (partiell) possible with this plugin?

thanks for any advice in advance
I am not familiar with this plugin, but I have already written a similar script for ItemManger and Frontainer (Frontend Login, Logout, Password recovery plugin and user's private area). And I'm not sure the plugin works well with thousands of items
http://ehret-studio.com/lab/2015/mai/user-importer/

I hope this helps you
(2015-10-12, 21:49:42)Bigin Wrote: I am not familiar with this plugin, but I have already written a similar script for ItemManger and Frontainer (Frontend Login, Logout, Password recovery plugin and user's private area). And I'm not sure the plugin works well with thousands of items
http://ehret-studio.com/lab/2015/mai/user-importer/

I hope this helps you

Oh - thanks - it looks interesting.
I'll do an testinstallation an checkout - hope that this is usefull...
Hello!
Install your plugin. Start asking for authorization on every page, after some time. I think it conflicts with something from the Red Agency theme. What exactly, I can not understand.
I would be grateful for your help.
I am new and beginner with PHP .
i placed the following codes in sidebar component . It always remove my 2nd line , even i placed them in one line, always remove welcome_message_login('en') line. hence i am not able to display logout button.

<?php echo show_login_box('en'); ?>
<?php echo welcome_message_login('en'); ?>

Hope anyone may help me on this . Thank you
Why with php 8 this plugin is removed from the server after enabling?