Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GetSimple Blog
Edit gs-blog/lang/en_US.php and remove the first empty line, so that the first line is:
Code:
<?php if(!defined('IN_GS')) ...
Thanks Carlos.. This worked...
well there is more bugs when I get to manage my posts I got this in log:
[06-Aug-2014 21:00:59 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: data_edit in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/inc/manage_custom_fields.php on line 283
[06-Aug-2014 21:00:59 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/inc/manage_custom_fields.php on line 283
[06-Aug-2014 21:03:23 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: data_edit in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/inc/manage_custom_fields.php on line 283
[06-Aug-2014 21:03:23 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/inc/manage_custom_fields.php on line 283
[06-Aug-2014 21:06:40 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: blog_data in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/inc/adminFunctions.php on line 1049
[06-Aug-2014 21:06:40 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/inc/adminFunctions.php on line 1049
and on Blog post now this:
Notice: Undefined variable: data in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/gs-blog/inc/frontEndFunctions.php on line 71
Bugs noted:

- examine en_us language file (maybe others) for blank lines, remove as needed.
- examine frontEndFunctions.php for undefined variable $data

Update will be released this weekend. Keep an eye out for it people.
Check out my website: JohnStray.com
Brick 
Version 3.2.4 is now available on Extend!

Bug Fixes:
  • Removed blank line at start of English en_US language file that caused headers to be sent early.
  • Fixed undefined variable $data in frontEndFunctions.php on line 71. Should have been $post.
  • Fixed undefined variable $data_edit in manage_custom_fields.php on line 283. The defining location has been moved outside of an 'if' condition and should be set all the time now. This should also fix Trying to get property of non-object.
  • Fixed undefined variable $blog_data in adminFunctions.php on line 1049. This variable was not needed there and has been removed.
  • Fixed link for "Display CSS: Click here to view available classes and ids". FancyBox JavaScript had not been made availble on that page when Settings was split into multiple pages.
Front End UI Improvements:
  • Separator pipe ( | ) has been removed from the info line. If you really want it back, create a custom layout.

The feature request for an externally editable CSS file has not been included in this update. Instead, it will be added to the next update.
Thanks for quick update John. Appreciated! I'll keep testing....
How do I show the blog posts in the div box I want?
The plugin page (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/get...-blog/810/) lists version 3.2.4 but the actual version included in a zip-file (once I click on a button to download) is still 3.2.3 ... Please update! Thanks!

(2014-08-07, 13:47:25)johnstray2001 Wrote:
Version 3.2.4 is now available on Extend!
How can i search in blog entries?=
Hi!

Just downloaded and installed version 3.2.4.
I got the blog-tab and four messages, that everything was successfully created. But now, when I click on anything under the blog tab (create post, i.e.) it just reloads the page and has the new parameter in the URL (like /admin/load.php?id=gs-blog&custom_fields ... shouldn't there be something else after the & ??)

I get this messages in firebug:
PHP Code:
"NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /plugins/blog/js/codemirror/lib/codemirror.js?v=1.0"

ReferenceErrorCodeMirror is not defined
CodeMirror
.defineMode("javascript", function(configparserConfig) {
javascr...s?v=1.0 (Zeile 1)

CodeMirror
.defineMode("php", function(configparserConfig) {
php.js?v=1.0 (Zeile 52Spalte 2)

CodeMirror
.defineMode("css", function(config) {
css.js?v=1.0 (Zeile 1)

CodeMirror
.defineMode("clike", function(configparserConfig) {
clike.js?v=1.0 (Zeile 1)

CodeMirror
.defineMode("xml", function(configparserConfig) {
xml.js?v=1.0 (Zeile 1)

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - //plugins/gs-blog/js/admin_js.js?v=1.0" 

Then I changed gs-blog (file & folder) to just blog. Same problem, nothing happens... But now I only get the error:
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - //plugins/blog/js/admin_js.js?v=1.0"

Hope you can help me! I'd really love to use this plugin Smile

Best,
Anke
Don't change the name of the blog file and folder, this creates big problems as noted in previous versions.
The urls are correct, they should be in the form of load.php?id=GS-blog&section

Also, make sure to check file permissions. All files in the plugins folder should have read access at a minimum.
Is there a way to force a blog count to display separate from # of recent posts: or a way to add pagecrumbs to view additional post?

http://metrowalls.net/our-work.html (Main page using blog post)
http://metrowalls.net/ (Recent Projects using blog post)

It would be great if there was a way to. Please let me know if anyone is knows. Thanks, Laurence

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The issue I am having is related to the blog manager > post > Post Option > Photo Gallery Code: *This is missing the input field altogether although I can see the text label for it. So what happens is my galleries are not displaying the prettyPhoto lightbox.

Please can someone help me out here as to a fix.

Thanks,

Laurence

(2014-08-20, 01:06:17)Scribbit Wrote: Is there a way to force a blog count to display separate from # of recent posts: or a way to add pagecrumbs to view additional post?

http://metrowalls.net/our-work.html (Main page using blog post)
http://metrowalls.net/ (Recent Projects using blog post)

It would be great if there was a way to. Please let me know if anyone is knows. Thanks, Laurence

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is it possible to have a specific count displayed separate that what is shown in blog settings
I'm using this <?php show_blog_recent_posts(); ?> on homepage to pull but it pulls all and I don't want to force http://metrowalls.net/our-work.html to only show certain amount [# of recent posts:]. If there was page crumbs available then maybe I could just set # of recent posts: to 20 and user can navigate thru them. Anyone know about this? Please let me know, thanks
Hi,

I've just installed this but unfortuately no matter which page I go onto I always just get the blog homepage?

For example:

/admin/load.php?id=gs-blog&manage
/admin/load.php?id=gs-blog&categories
/admin/load.php?id=gs-blog&create_post

All just display this:

[Image: tMSteOx.jpg]

Any ideas as to what the problem could be please? I'm running GS version 3.3.3.

Thank you
Hi nickgd,

What is your server setup? Apache / IIS? What php version do you have?
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, we're using apache on PHP 5.3.3, here's the website health check info:

[Image: FM7EFSJ.jpg]

Thanks again
Just a quick update - it's resolved now Smile

It was a permissions issue, I couldn't access it at first, so I went to my user permissions page and ticked all of the boxes for blog, thinking that would give me access, without realising that it actually blocks access.

It seems like the out of the box functionality doesn't actually set any permissions for blog posts, but I guess that's not a bad thing. Thanks
Is this a fork or derivative of mikeh's plugin ?
You should mention that and give credit if so to avoid confusion.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
also your website is throwing google privacy alerts in chrome
self signed ssl?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Website links were outdated. This has been fixed.
Brick 
Version 3.3.0 is now available on Extend!

Back End (Admin) UI Improvements:
  • [#003] Implemented selectable layout templates system
    - Re-wrote show_settings_admin() function from scratch.
    - Removed settings that are no longer needed. Most tasks can now be completed by creating/modifying template file.
    - Created function blog_theme_layouts() which gets the list of available theme files.
  • [#022] Added pluginManagementFA.js script : Adds icon to plugin's listing on the Plugin Management admin tab.
  • [#021] Updated FontAwesome version to 4.2.0 and changed $media from 'screen' to 'print'.
  • [#023] Updated website address in plugin registration
Font End UI Improvements:
  • [#003] Implemented selectable layout templates system
    - Re-wrote show_blog_post() function from scratch. Old: 131 lines, New: 31 lines.
    - Created 4 layouts: Original, Innovation, Bootstrap Wide, Bootstrap Media
  • [#003] Modified original layout to add scoped CSS functionality (New in HTML 5.1) : Backwards compatible with most current browsers.
  • [#008] Fixed "Go Back" links in posts (sort of). The link is now in the template file. You can change it as needed, or remove it if you like.
Bug Fixes:
  • [#014] Fixed undefined variable in manage_custom_fields.php
Code Changes:
  • [#018] Removed social media functions. If you need this, add your own code to a template file.
  • [#017] Cleaned up functions and comments in adminFunctions.php
  • [#020] Cleaned up functions and comments in frontEndFunctions.php
  • [#019] Moved some HTML sections of the code to separate files in 'html' folder to make for much easier reading and modification of code.
  • [#028] Cleaned up functions and comments in common.php
  • [#027] Removed redundant CodeMirror files.
  • [#020] Moved RSS Auto-Importer functions into it's own file.
Updated Languages:
  • [#016] Added new strings to English en_US language file.
  • [#026] Added new strings to Russian ru_RU language file.
  • [#025] Added new strings to Italian it_IT language file.
  • [#024] Added new strings to Spanish es_ES language file.
  • [#041] New Polish pl_PL language file added.
Hi guys.... i have two questions.
How i can show specific category posts with the first 10 posts (new to old) with pagination?

How i can show the posts from specific category jump posts like ... show MANAGERS third last post from this category ?

For now say thanks for all support and patience.

PS: I have 3.3.0 version
Hi Everybody,
I'm really satisfied with this great plugins and getsimple, but i have found any issues, and he would be grateful they could help me.
I have created one feed for my post, but display the post feeds with small issues of format. For example, initially of the paragraph display <p> tag, and spanish accents is wrong. it could be any problem with utf-8 format. You can see in this link:

http://jsfiddle.net/manubcode/xc67ozjf/

I'm using the last version getsimple 3.3.3, and gs-blog plugin 1.5 -->http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gs-blog/462/. The theme is "Inception".

Could you help me?

Thank you very much in advance, for this marvellous work.
Best Regards, Manu.Smile