Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GetSimple Blog
Hi Manubcode,

This is the forum for the 3.x branch of GS Blog. Version 1.5 is no longer supported or maintained by it developer.

Please remove all files for the 1.5 version, then install this newer 3.3 branch. You can find it at: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/get...-blog/810/

(2014-09-16, 08:02:59)Manubcode Wrote: Hi Everybody,
I'm really satisfied with this great plugins and getsimple, but i have found any issues, and he would be grateful they could help me.
I have created one feed for my post, but display the post feeds with small issues of format. For example, initially of the paragraph display <p> tag, and spanish accents is wrong. it could be any problem with utf-8 format. You can see in this link:

http://jsfiddle.net/manubcode/xc67ozjf/

I'm using the last version getsimple 3.3.3, and gs-blog plugin 1.5 -->http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gs-blog/462/. The theme is "Inception".

Could you help me?

Thank you very much in advance, for this marvellous work.
Best Regards, Manu.Smile
Check out my website: JohnStray.com
Hi petersondsz,

(2014-09-12, 22:43:04)petersondsz Wrote: Hi guys.... i have two questions.
How i can show specific category posts with the first 10 posts (new to old) with pagination?

Use the following code:
Code:
<?php show_blog_recent_posts($excerpt=false, $excerpt_length=null, $thumbnail=null, $read_more=null); ?>

# $excerpt - (true) Show excerpt / (false) Show only post title
# $excerpt_length - (integer) Number of characters to show for the excerpt length.
# $thumbnail - (true) Show a thumbnail / (false) Don't show a thumbnail
# $read_more - (string) The string of text to show for the read more link. Use 'NULL' to disable.

(2014-09-12, 22:43:04)petersondsz Wrote: How i can show the posts from specific category jump posts like ... show MANAGERS third last post from this category ?

Use the following code:
Code:
<?php show_blog_category($category_name); ?>

# $category_name - (string) The name of the category to show posts from.
(2014-09-16, 11:18:23)johnstray2001 Wrote: Hi Manubcode,

This is the forum for the 3.x branch of GS Blog. Version 1.5 is no longer supported or maintained by it developer.

Please remove all files for the 1.5 version, then install this newer 3.3 branch. You can find it at: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/get...-blog/810/

(2014-09-16, 08:02:59)Manubcode Wrote: Hi Everybody,
I'm really satisfied with this great plugins and getsimple, but i have found any issues, and he would be grateful they could help me.
I have created one feed for my post, but display the post feeds with small issues of format. For example, initially of the paragraph display <p> tag, and spanish accents is wrong. it could be any problem with utf-8 format. You can see in this link:

http://jsfiddle.net/manubcode/xc67ozjf/

I'm using the last version getsimple 3.3.3, and gs-blog plugin 1.5 -->http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gs-blog/462/. The theme is "Inception".

Could you help me?

Thank you very much in advance, for this marvellous work.
Best Regards, Manu.Smile

Hi John thanks a lot,
I have made that you say me, but the problem continue --> http://jsfiddle.net/xc67ozjf/1/

And with this version i have one a few issues: When i click in post title link, the post display with repeated image: --> http://chiringuitofs.apperman.com/blog.c...=noticia-1

and not show title post, not include user name, and date hasn't properly order.

Also, in categories when i click in rss icon, show this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in .../plugins/gs-blog/rss.php on line 2

Sorry, for the inconveniences. And thanks.
Best Regards, Manu.
The following bugs have been noted so far and will be fixed in the next bugfix release due to be made available on 28 September 2014.
  • [#038] Hard coded English string in Custom Fields management
  • [#039] Runaway string on admin Help page
  • [#043] Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in .../plugins/gs-blog/rss.php on line 2
  • [#044] Only the latest blog post shows on the blog's main front end page
  • [#045] Post <description> contains characters it shouldn't in rss.rss
  • [#042] Possibility of French fr_FR language being added in this version.
Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but I can only see that latest blog-post, when I visit the page specifified in blog settings - and yes, "# of posts per page:" is set to 5, 10 it doesn't matter - only the latest one is shown.
Refer issue #44 above. A fix is in the works. Update to be released this weekend.

(2014-09-17, 22:13:16)nikrodk Wrote: Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but I can only see that latest blog-post, when I visit the page specifified in blog settings - and yes, "# of posts per page:" is set to 5, 10 it doesn't matter - only the latest one is shown.
Well, tried to search this thread, but didn't find it - but some mousewheel scrolling did the trick - found it - and thanks for the quick reply :o)
(2014-09-17, 22:57:07)johnstray2001 Wrote: Refer issue #44 above. A fix is in the works. Update to be released this weekend.

(2014-09-17, 22:13:16)nikrodk Wrote: Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but I can only see that latest blog-post, when I visit the page specifified in blog settings - and yes, "# of posts per page:" is set to 5, 10 it doesn't matter - only the latest one is shown.

Ok john, i wait your issues fixed.
Thanks
Best
Brick 
Version 3.3.1 Now Available on Extend

Bug Fixes:
  • [#039] Fixed runaway string on Help page
  • [#038] Fixed hard coded English string in Custom Fields management.
  • [#043] Fixed syntax error in rss.php
  • [#044] Fixed only 1 blog post showing on main frontend page
  • [#045] Fixed RSSBody generation method. Now uses create_excerpt function instead. HTML characters shouldn't show up in there now.
Hi,

I tried to install Getsimple Blog 3.3.1 and - are you sure it is ready for users?

- First it complains about not being up to date: 3.3.0 - Update!
I installed 3.3.1, and nothing else.

- When I try to save a blog post, it says: "Could not open the rss.rss file"

- It is extremely slow. Sometimes it takes ten or more seconds until it reacts, when clicking on something.

- When I try to view a yet saved post, I get something like "The requested URL /bloggt.htmlpost/testpost was not found on this server."

That may have to do with my settings to get fancy urls in getsimple. My pages end with e. g. ./bloggt.html and I therefore edited my .htaccess as advised.

But now: Do I have to replace the complete .htaccess for the blog plugin or which part of the recommended changes do I have to add to my .htaccess? It seems to be a little bit undefined... Undecided
Thumbs Down 
(2014-09-22, 14:52:29)johnstray2001 Wrote:
Version 3.3.1 Now Available on Extend

Bug Fixes:
  • [#039] Fixed runaway string on Help page
  • [#038] Fixed hard coded English string in Custom Fields management.
  • [#043] Fixed syntax error in rss.php
  • [#044] Fixed only 1 blog post showing on main frontend page
  • [#045] Fixed RSSBody generation method. Now uses create_excerpt function instead. HTML characters shouldn't show up in there now.

Hi John, thanks for your job.

[*] [#044] Fixed only 1 blog post showing on main frontend page OKK,

[*] [#043] Fixed syntax error in rss.php OKK, Do you know, how to include image thumbnails in rss feed?
http://jsfiddle.net/manubcode/xc67ozjf/2/

but,

1º Categories rss issues continues, when i clic in rss feed categories display:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/movil248/public_html/getsimpletest/plugins/gs-blog/rss.php on line 2

2º I have problems with images attachment in the post, because not display properly in the post. --> http://getsimpletests.movilizaos.es/

Best regards
ManuSmile
I have a problem, GetSimple Blog does not want to work correctly with Multi User. Using GS 3.3.3.
Please help if anyone has a similar problem and found a solution.
Hypertexter:
1. The Extend API is a little slow at updating so after releasing a new version, the blog will sometimes say that you are not on the correct version. Just wait a few hours and that should correct itself. If not, then I've forgotten to update the version string .... again ....
2. The rss.rss file is in the root of your website and therefore may not have the correct permissions. Please make sure that the file is writeable.
3. Poor speed performance is a known issue. I'm yet to determine the cause. I've started working on an entirely new code base that will be coded with preference for performance. This will be a while away yet though.
4. Modify the Blog's default .htaccess section to suit as needed. (This is not really a strong spot for me, so you might have to figure that one yourself, sorry.)

Manubcode:
1. There are a few issues that relate to the RSS. I am working on a complete recode of the RSS generation area.
2. The image not displaying in the posts in the link you provided are pointing to the uploads folder and not an actual image. Modify your layout temp so that it checks if $p['thumbnail'] is not empty, and only shows an image if there is one with the post. $p['thumbnail'] contains the filename of the image or is null if no image is attached to the post.

vixrealitum:
Could you please explain the issues that you are having with Multi-User.
(2014-09-29, 14:45:00)johnstray2001 Wrote: vixrealitum:

After activating the plugin multi user blog plugin did not work properly. Clicking any link which does not work. I have a feeling that they do not want to load all links in the blog plugin. I solved this problem differently - I threw the old plugin multi user (user-managment.php version from 2011) and now works correctly.
Hello johnstray2001,

There was no rss.rss file in my root, so I created an empty one with 777 - and it works. Thank you Smile

I'm sorry, but I need to insist a little bit with the fancy url problem. What do you mean with "Modify the Blog's default .htaccess section"? Do you mean the root .htaccess file or another one? And which?

At the moment, I only modified the root .htaccess according to the fancy url hints. That means it now has the following section:

Code:
# handle rewrites for fancy urls
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on

# Usually RewriteBase is just '/', but
    # replace it with your subdirectory path
    # RewriteBase /getsimple/
     RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  #    RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+).html$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

</IfModule>

This makes wonderful urls like www.domain.de/page.html

Your plugin recommends some other entries. And I don't know: do I have to modify my existing section or do I just have to copy your suggestion additionally?

Thank you,
Hypertexter
Unfortunately, the plugin only supports creating fancy url links based on the default layout. For example:
Code:
http://www.example.com/post/the-title-of-a-post-on-the-blog
http://www.example.com/archive/0914
http://www.example.com/category/general-discussion
http://www.example.com/tag/example

For these to work, you need to add the correct lines to your .htaccess file. Go to the Settings section in the blog's admin area and enable Fancy URLs. There is will give you an example of how your .htaccess file should look like with the blog's lines in it.
A possible workaround:

in the blog's layout template file, change the links so that the desired url style is archived. You can use the $post->slug variable to add the posts slug to your url structure. Once you've done that, you would need to modify the blogs lines in your htaccess file accordingly.

An example, say you wanted to use the following url for your post: http://www.domain.de/post/the-title-of-my-post.html
In your layout template, change your links to look like this:
PHP Code:
<a href="<?php echo get_site_url(false).'/post/'.$post->slug; ?>.html"The title of my post </a>
or
<
a href="http://www.domain.de/<?php echo 'post/'.$post->slug; ?>.html"The title of my post </a
In your .htaccess file:
Code:
RewriteRule ^post/([^/.]+)/?$.html index.php?id=index&post=$1 [L]

The only downfall to this method is that it will only work for post links, it won't work for categories, archive, tags, etc.
(2014-09-29, 14:45:00)johnstray2001 Wrote: Hypertexter:
1. The Extend API is a little slow at updating so after releasing a new version, the blog will sometimes say that you are not on the correct version. Just wait a few hours and that should correct itself. If not, then I've forgotten to update the version string .... again ....
2. The rss.rss file is in the root of your website and therefore may not have the correct permissions. Please make sure that the file is writeable.
3. Poor speed performance is a known issue. I'm yet to determine the cause. I've started working on an entirely new code base that will be coded with preference for performance. This will be a while away yet though.
4. Modify the Blog's default .htaccess section to suit as needed. (This is not really a strong spot for me, so you might have to figure that one yourself, sorry.)

Manubcode:
1. There are a few issues that relate to the RSS. I am working on a complete recode of the RSS generation area.
2. The image not displaying in the posts in the link you provided are pointing to the uploads folder and not an actual image. Modify your layout temp so that it checks if $p['thumbnail'] is not empty, and only shows an image if there is one with the post. $p['thumbnail'] contains the filename of the image or is null if no image is attached to the post.

vixrealitum:

Hi Johnstray,
thanks again.
Really, i don't know that happens with images uploads in the blog, is very strange.
Curiosly i upload any picture and ok, but when i attach in the post with attach tool button of the toolbar post, all pictures include thumbnail extension, and later not display in all post of homepage and post page. Only display, if i upload thumbnail in post option. I have checked your code php, that you saw me but, i don`t find any solution. Please could you help me, if you want take a look, i type url and login credentials in private message.

url: http://getsimpletests.movilizaos.es/

thanks in advance.Smile
SOLVED Does anybody know how to speed up background? Is anybody having a problem with the speed after adding more than 100 posts to it? Blog in frontpage is being loaded very well. But when I try to add some post in background I have to wait very long time to do it. I think the problem is that it lists and checks too many posts and there is no option how to set less blog posts in administrative background. Not sure what to do, as I am adding more posts, it is becoming almost unusable. I am not good at coding so if the solution can be found in code, please specify what to change, where and how. Thanks anybody who can help. Rolleyes SOLVED
Solution: There is a possibility that problem mentioned was with hosting, not GS Blog itself. I would delete post if it was possible..
I had the old 1.5 gsblog plugin installed, disabled it and installed the new 3.3.1 gs-blog plugin. Everything seemed to work well, I could see all previous posts made by the old gsblog plugin.

But now I have a problem if I create a new blog post it is not visible on the website, it only displays the old blog posts. If I login and do view post I can see the post... but when I logout it's not there... I tried private post enabled and disabled it doesn't matter....
volcano.alotrium.com,
I'm well aware of the speed issues with the plugin, but there is not much I can do about it. However, I am in the process of rebuilding the plugin with an entirely new code base that aims to be much more efficient and better. This will be a while away yet.

nice10150,
Version 1.5 and 3.x don't play very nice with each other due to the large number of changes in the different versions. I would suggest that you remove the 1.5 version, including all its files (plugin folder, data/other folder, data/blog folder).
Then install the newer version 3.3.1 from scratch and go from there.
Hi johnstray2001,

When a post has less characters than excerpt length, the excerpt isn't displaying the last word of the post. To display it complete, need to add at least two spaces at the end.

This can be fixed in the show_blog_post function like this:

PHP Code:
# Determine if we should be showing an excerpt or full post.

$el = (empty($blogSettings['excerptlength']) ? 250 $blogSettings['excerptlength']); // Excerpt length?

$tc strlen(html_entity_decode($post->content)); // Total characters of the post 

if(($excerpt == false) || (($excerpt == true) && ($blogSettings['postformat'] == 'Y')) || ($tc <= $el)) {

$p['content'] = html_entity_decode($post->content); // Get the full contents of the post

} elseif(($excerpt == true) && ($blogSettings['postformat'] == 'N')) { // It's an excerpt...

$p['content'] = $Blog->create_excerpt(html_entity_decode($post->content),0,$el); // Create excerpt

} else {echo 'Uh oh! Something went wrong!';} 

Maybe there's a better way to do it but this one works for me Tongue

Regards
English isn't my native language. Sorry for any mistakes you may find.
does create_excerpt have an option for breaking on words?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
It uses strrpos function to find the last space within the excerpt to avoid cutting a word when gets at the end of excerpt length. The problem is when the post length is less than excerpt, so the whole post is inside the excerpt.
English isn't my native language. Sorry for any mistakes you may find.
Ohh I see
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix