Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GetSimple Blog
Actually, I was thinking it was as you and mr_clarke have both described. It caused by a php error that occurs after the backend has outputted, but before the plugin finishes outputting, hence why you see the php error when you enable debug mode.

The php error you have quoted above unfortunately doesn’t give me enough information about where the problem is occurring. If possible, please try installing the x-debug extension to your php instance, then report back here with the stack trace that x-debug will output.

X-debug and installation instructions can be found here: xdebug.org

Note: debug mode needs to be enabled for x-debug to work.
Check out my website: JohnStray.id.au
(2017-11-30, 01:45:56)johnstray2001 Wrote: Actually, I was thinking it was as you and mr_clarke have both described. It caused by a php error that occurs after the backend has outputted, but before the plugin finishes outputting, hence why you see the php error when you enable debug mode.

The php error you have quoted above unfortunately doesn’t give me enough information about where the problem is occurring. If possible, please try installing the x-debug extension to your php instance, then report back here with the stack trace that x-debug will output.

X-debug and installation instructions can be found here: xdebug.org

Note: debug mode needs to be enabled for x-debug to work.

oh - i see... Blush 
this is the stack of xdebugger – hope this tells you more than it does to me…:
[Image: xdebug.png]
since i am running another website with a working gs-blog plugin, i tried to mirror the working website on the website with the dysfunctional blog plugin – and this one worked. the working gs-blog version was 3.5, so i changed the blog version on the dysfunctional website from 3.4.3 to 3.5.
at a first glance this combination of getsimple and gs-blog seems to work. since x-debug shows some alerts, i want to make them accessible here:
[Image: xdebug-gsblog5.png]

[Image: xdebug-gsblog5-frontend.png]
I see you have abstained a copy of the latest beta 3.5.0. Those php warnings that you have posted there are because sitemap.class.php is not finished yet, it’s currently a work in progress.

You can either follow the github issue #48 and wait until I’ve finished it, or as a temporary workaround, remove the calls to the new class inside /gs-blog/class/Blog.php. You’ll find the calls in saveSettings(), savePost() and deletePost().

The last php error is related to github issue #104. I look into a fix for that.
Check out my website: JohnStray.id.au
hi,
i installed dynpages successfully - i use it on a blog page for blog posts of one certain category (as described in this forum on page 1 for user xxdex). it worked for about 30 minutes, then suddenly the page is showing all blog posts with all categories and xdebug is throwing the following errors:
[Image: xdebug-dynpages-category-page.png]
i am not sure if the errors are caused by dynpages or gs-blog. can you give me a hint on what the problem might be?
You can test it on a normal page to see if it works there.
(2017-12-06, 20:48:45)datiswous Wrote: You can test it on a normal page to see if it works there.

thanks – but also normal pages show the xdebug-errors and don't show only the selected category posts. insted, all posts -– no matter what category – are displayed. Sad
Looks like there's some error in your component code. Like a $workshop variable that has not been initialized...
(2017-12-07, 02:22:03)Carlos Wrote: Looks like there's some error in your component code. Like a $workshop variable that has not been initialized...

the funny thing is: it worked at first. then after some minutes and out of the blue (i had not edited anything in the plugin settings, scripts,...) the errors came up and the posts were shown no matter what category.
what could i do? reinstall the plugin and all its referring data xml files?
(2017-11-24, 01:31:14)johnstray2001 Wrote: @pigsound: I'm not sure if I can help with this. I can't seem to find anything that could be causing the issues your having. If anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to make some suggestions...

Hi John, I'm having the same problem (I think). The DATE_DISPLAY in /gs-blog/lang/en_US.php is set to '%B %e, %Y' - this formatting only seems to apply to the main blog, not when using show_blog_recent_posts. This is what I see in recent posts: 2017-11-26 10:28:34. I've read every comment on this forum at least a half-dozen times but don't see a solution. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? 

UPDATE: A few other issues I've had since originally writing this post - wondering if you can provide any insight... Sorry for all of the questions but the support website doesn't seem to have any information.

1) i18n Search - the posts aren't showing up in search results, is there a way to fix that?
2) No meta data for posts:
  • page description
  • page title (won't work with "Custom Title" plugin either)
  • og:image for social media sharing
3) Links added using ckeditor in posts don't support hierarchical URLs, I see "https://www.domain.com/%parents%/slug/" instead of "https://www.domain.com/parent-slug/slug/"
4) Recent Post date formatting mentioned above
5) Posts aren't included in sitemap.xml
In a new installation, gs-blog.php shows in the list on the Plugin page and it can be activated. Once done, clicking on  the Blog tab causes the plugin to deactivate (crash?) and the Blog tab disappears.

Required directories are writable.

Snooze
In debug mode this message is received:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function '' not found or invalid function name in /srv/disk4/2175727/www/lexluthor.eu5.net/admin/load.php on line 39