Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GetSimple Blog
@johnstray

it's me again ... i need help with the date tag.
i need "german date" like "dd.mm.yyyy" with special characters like 'äöü'.

can you send me a hint where to change the locale or date function?

thank you very much!
chainsaw
Hi, 

I'l using GS Blog v1.5 but it is failing when trying to add a new post. It's possible to import all the posts to GetSimple Blog?

thanks
(2019-06-06, 16:53:43)salvamaine Wrote: Hi, 

I'l using GS Blog v1.5 but it is failing when trying to add a new post. It's possible to import all the posts to GetSimple Blog?

thanks

Btw. there's also an rss-feed auto import, which you could try if direct import doesn't work for you.
I've no experience with both of these, so can't help you there.
(2019-06-06, 16:53:43)salvamaine Wrote: I'l using GS Blog v1.5 but it is failing when trying to add a new post. It's possible to import all the posts to GetSimple Blog?

I think that both GS Blog and GetSimple Blog use the same structure and storage folder for posts (data/blog/) so perhaps you just have to install GetSimple Blog and disable GS Blog. (And maybe access and save blog settings)

Anyway, I suggest you make a backup before you try.
I just downloaded version 3.4.4.  And I am running GetSimple Version 3.3.15 -- it has been running with no errors until now, and it passes a "health check" with no issues.

At first glance, everything seemed OK.

I set the blog editing to WYSIWYG,  and the edit box looks like ckeditor -- but the EDIT controls are not there. No band of edit icons.  I looked at the generate html code, the link to load the ckeditor javascript is there. 

The post did save, but with no way to do even basic formatting

I looked at the debug console, and there is an error in  load.php (an Admin routine), in a subroutine called changeURL, and it is complaining about the if statement below and saying that url does not exist.  The error shows up the instant that I click on Add Post or attempt to edit one.

I'm not clear that this would cause the editor not to load correctly, but it certainly indicates that something is not right.

I'm assuming that there must be some kind of installation problem.

Any thoughts about what might be wrong?

Code:
     if (url.indexOf('_') >= 0) {
       $('#post-parent').closest('tr').attr('style','display:none');
       $('#post-private').closest('td').children().attr('style','display:none');
       //$('#post-menu-enable').attr('style','display:none');
       $('#post-menu').nextAll().attr('style','display:none');
     } else {

Thank you in advance.
(2019-06-08, 19:04:33)Carlos Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 16:53:43)salvamaine Wrote: I'l using GS Blog v1.5 but it is failing when trying to add a new post. It's possible to import all the posts to GetSimple Blog?

I think that both GS Blog and GetSimple Blog use the same structure and storage folder for posts (data/blog/) so perhaps you just have to install GetSimple Blog and disable GS Blog. (And maybe access and save blog settings)

Anyway, I suggest you make a backup before you try.

Gracias, Carlos! It worked perfectly as you said.   Smile
(2019-04-06, 23:57:42)chainsaw81 Wrote: @johnstray

thank you very much!
chainsaw

Hi again!
Can anybody help me please?
I can't find the right codeline.
(2019-07-19, 23:32:29)chainsaw81 Wrote:
(2019-04-06, 23:57:42)chainsaw81 Wrote: @johnstray

thank you very much!
chainsaw

Hi again!
Can anybody help me please?
I can't find the right codeline.

I believe that with the "translate" plugin you will be able to do that.
Hi everyone, It has been a long while since I used Getsimple and I am happy to be back, I have started a new blog, previously I was using News manager and have just discovered this plugin however I am unable to find if there is a tag cloud feature? Is this something I have simply over looked? 
Cheers.
(2019-12-10, 15:25:44)digitalGasim Wrote: Hi everyone, It has been a long while since I used Getsimple and I am happy to be back, I have started a new blog, previously I was using News manager and have just discovered this plugin however I am unable to find if there is a tag cloud feature? Is this something I have simply over looked? 
Cheers.

I read somewhere in this topic this was being implemented in version 3.5 . So I assume it's not there yet.

You can also make a blog with I18N Search plugin, which works differently, but does have tag cloud functionality.
http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18nsearch
http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/search-news
I used snippet in the homepage template

Code:
<?php show_blog_recent_posts(true, null, true, true); ?>

I would like only the last 2 posts to appear and not everything that is possible. Can it be done?
Hi, would anyone help me? I think the add-on doesn't work correctly. I feel that the editor and the Add Article button are missing.

Submit screenshot

Thanks

[Image: Uxol77m.png]
(2020-01-10, 10:05:47)Vatan Wrote: Hi, would anyone help me? I think the add-on doesn't work correctly. I feel that the editor and the Add Article button are missing.

Submit screenshot

Thanks

Your screen shot certainly doesn't look right . 
I tried Blog Plugin a couple of years ago and didn't like it . 

You can get the same functionality and but more flexible with the following plugins 
I18N , I18N Search, I18N Special Pages 

You might also try NewsManager (Updated)
Hello

I''m using Getsimple 3.3.15 (last version) + GetSimple Blog 3.4.4 (last version).

In the page where I see my blog posts, I want to have a better solution about "white space" between

1 - PREVIOUS POST (TEXT) vs TITLE NEXT POST
(i want more white space!)

2 - TITLE POST vs DATE
(i want less white space!)

3 - DATE vs TEXT
(i want less white space!)

4 - LAST POST (TEXT) IN THE PAGE vs NEXT/PREVIOUS PAGE LINK
(i want more white space!)

I put  an image of my blog here:

[Image: AAA.jpg]

Please can help me?

Where I must edit code?

thanks
use CSS https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
sorry,

i didm't understand how i can put more/less space by "css"

please, can you give me help step by step?

thanks

:-(
Any HTML element can have properties:margin, padding, border, background...
Learn, no one will do this for you.
Oleg06,

thanks. but sorry... Anyway when a "newbie user" asks help is not because this user is lazy, as you think.
Not all user here are webmaster....
I'm not a webmaster....

Anyway in my opinion the problem is not in CSS of website because i tried to change 2/3 themes in my getsimple.
and this "space problem" there are always.
I think that I must change code in one of files of "getsimple Blog" plugin.
I tried to find this file.... but I cannot try it

Undecided
Hello

sorry... I'm still searching the file where I must modify

can be this file on my webspace?
...\plugin\getsimple-blog\gs-blog\inc\frontEndFunctions.php
Is it possible to enable the WYSIWYG editor in the admin system for this Blog?
Anyone made code snippet to show related posts?
Hi, 
Is there a way to add comments to GS-Blog?
Question 
hi there,
after some months of idleness i checked back on my website's backend and found a dysfunctional gs-blog editor page.

hoping a cms update would solve the problem i updated GetSimple CMS to 3.3.16, but to no avail. the backend editor of gs-blog still does not show any of the input and setting fields (see attached screenshot)

anybody has a clue what's the reason for this bug? how can i fix this?

thanks in advance,
pigsound
Hello everybody,

Please guide on how to display "Custom Fields" in layout-list.php and layout-post.php pages.

Tried using
PHP Code:
echo $p['customfield-NAME']; 
but it shows nothing.

Thanks in advance.
Just chiming it on the heels of previous messages by pigsound, Vatan, ecotypes & Brex. There is definitely something gone wrong with the editor portion of the Add New Post section of the add-on. I'm using GetSimple Version 3.3.16 & GetSimple Blog Version 3.4.4.

The editor does not appear. The page is blank. 

I've checked it out on both Mac OSX - Big Sur and Catalina.
It does not appear.
I also even went backwards thru a couple of the previous versions of the add-on to see if they would work.
None of them did.

Ironically, on my older computer, which I am trying to replace, which uses OSX Sierra, with GetSimple Version 3.3.15 & GetSimple Blog Version 3.4.2, it works fine. However, I can't get GetSimple Version 3.3.15 & GetSimple Blog Version 3.4.2 to work on either Mac OSX - Big Sur and Catalina.

I just hope that this information is useful in solving the problem with this wonderful add-on.

Many thanks.

homershines