Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GetSimple Blog
Seem to be somewhat brain dead with getting this to work on my site....

Installed the blog, works great but code
Code:
<?php show_blog_categories(); ?>
only works in sidebar.

Is there a way to get it to work on a page???

Thanks
Gene
You use a component for the sidebar? Did you try to to put it in a component and place the component on the page via Dynpages plugin?
See here: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...5#pid45175
There might be an easier solution, I didn't read all the posts and the documentation on GitHub is somewhat lacking.
Edit: See also the following 2 posts for an alternative method: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...6#pid45176
(2014-05-16, 08:21:21)johnstray2001 Wrote: xxdex,
This can be done reasonably easily.

You will first need to install the DynPages plugin from Extend.
After you have installed it and activated it on the plugins tab, create a new component and in it type the following:

Component? Sorry, not very good at php etc.

Gene

ps...found out about the component, thanks for the help, it did work...
Is it possible to add pagination to archive ,tag and category listing? In main blog page they show as set in admin but if you list posts by tag or by category or by archive all posts show and its a pretty long page when you have 150 posts.
Everything else works as expected and i really like this plugin.
Thanks.
@johnstray

it's me again ... i need help with the date tag.
i need "german date" like "dd.mm.yyyy" with special characters like 'äöü'.

can you send me a hint where to change the locale or date function?

thank you very much!
chainsaw
Hi, 

I'l using GS Blog v1.5 but it is failing when trying to add a new post. It's possible to import all the posts to GetSimple Blog?

thanks
(2019-06-06, 16:53:43)salvamaine Wrote: Hi, 

I'l using GS Blog v1.5 but it is failing when trying to add a new post. It's possible to import all the posts to GetSimple Blog?

thanks

Btw. there's also an rss-feed auto import, which you could try if direct import doesn't work for you.
I've no experience with both of these, so can't help you there.
(2019-06-06, 16:53:43)salvamaine Wrote: I'l using GS Blog v1.5 but it is failing when trying to add a new post. It's possible to import all the posts to GetSimple Blog?

I think that both GS Blog and GetSimple Blog use the same structure and storage folder for posts (data/blog/) so perhaps you just have to install GetSimple Blog and disable GS Blog. (And maybe access and save blog settings)

Anyway, I suggest you make a backup before you try.
I just downloaded version 3.4.4.  And I am running GetSimple Version 3.3.15 -- it has been running with no errors until now, and it passes a "health check" with no issues.

At first glance, everything seemed OK.

I set the blog editing to WYSIWYG,  and the edit box looks like ckeditor -- but the EDIT controls are not there. No band of edit icons.  I looked at the generate html code, the link to load the ckeditor javascript is there. 

The post did save, but with no way to do even basic formatting

I looked at the debug console, and there is an error in  load.php (an Admin routine), in a subroutine called changeURL, and it is complaining about the if statement below and saying that url does not exist.  The error shows up the instant that I click on Add Post or attempt to edit one.

I'm not clear that this would cause the editor not to load correctly, but it certainly indicates that something is not right.

I'm assuming that there must be some kind of installation problem.

Any thoughts about what might be wrong?

Code:
     if (url.indexOf('_') >= 0) {
       $('#post-parent').closest('tr').attr('style','display:none');
       $('#post-private').closest('td').children().attr('style','display:none');
       //$('#post-menu-enable').attr('style','display:none');
       $('#post-menu').nextAll().attr('style','display:none');
     } else {

Thank you in advance.
(2019-06-08, 19:04:33)Carlos Wrote:
(2019-06-06, 16:53:43)salvamaine Wrote: I'l using GS Blog v1.5 but it is failing when trying to add a new post. It's possible to import all the posts to GetSimple Blog?

I think that both GS Blog and GetSimple Blog use the same structure and storage folder for posts (data/blog/) so perhaps you just have to install GetSimple Blog and disable GS Blog. (And maybe access and save blog settings)

Anyway, I suggest you make a backup before you try.

Gracias, Carlos! It worked perfectly as you said.   Smile