Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Updated! - Modern Responsive Admin
Lightbulb 
The Modern Responsive Admin theme is available for download and testing. The theme is driven via plugin and is easy to brand to the color that you desire.

This theme is a modern design, has custom syntax highlighting, separate syntax highlighting for editing CSS similar to Dreamweaver's highlighting and it's mobile friendly.

**** NEWEST CHANGES v1.5 ***

Color setting and Sidebar position are now controlled via the Plugins page "Modern Admin Settings".

****** Changelog 5-19-2014 1:51pm ********
- Added Modern Admin Menu Item (Plugins Page)
- Added Color Picker option
- Added Sidebar position option
- Added Login page styling to match admin settings
- Adjusted text inputs and buttons in the admin panel
- Added new layout option full width and standard
- Added scroll to top feature
- Added auto hide footer on scroll
- Extended CodeMirror height for better editing. (Works great in Full Width layout)
- Added Font Awesome
- Added icons with buttons
- Added mobile version uses icons (removed text links)
- Replaced settings, support, and welcome links.
- Added Logo option for branding in the header section. *SizeSad192px x 52px)
- Added background to nav structure for easier use and viewing.
- Added new stock button backgrounds
- Added page refresh on form submit to view changes instantly.

Test it out and download it here: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/mod...admin/811/

Feel free to leave any feedback and suggestions.
Thanks!

[Image: 1.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2014-05-13, 09:52:51)ChompDigital Wrote: I will soon upload a new responsive admin theme that I've been developing. The admin theme is fully responsive and modern in look. The theme is driven via plugin and is easy to brand to the color that you desire.

Feel free to leave any feedback and suggestions before I upload the beta for testing.

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing it. There is often talk of a new front to the backend but nobody really able to commit to it. This could be the way ahead. We could maybe just de-style the back end and add styling and responsiveness by plugin.

Kind of the GetSimple way.
(2014-05-13, 18:58:29)Timbow Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 09:52:51)ChompDigital Wrote: I will soon upload a new responsive admin theme that I've been developing. The admin theme is fully responsive and modern in look. The theme is driven via plugin and is easy to brand to the color that you desire.

Feel free to leave any feedback and suggestions before I upload the beta for testing.

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing it. There is often talk of a new front to the backend but nobody really able to commit to it. This could be the way ahead. We could maybe just de-style the back end and add styling and responsiveness by plugin.

Kind of the GetSimple way.

I agree. Doing it by plugin is pretty simple and doesn't require much. I really like the simplicity of GS and hopefully people will enjoy a new look on the back end. Next is figuring out how to get the file uploads to work via mobile so you can upload images from any device.
I downloaded the plugin but I am not able to activate it. It stays deactivated. Using getsimple 3.3.

Also, there is a row in the plugin list for the plugin but it's all blank.
(2014-05-14, 04:19:25)mengi Wrote: I downloaded the plugin but I am not able to activate it. It stays deactivated. Using getsimple 3.3.

Let me double check for you and see.
(2014-05-14, 04:19:25)mengi Wrote: I downloaded the plugin but I am not able to activate it. It stays deactivated. Using getsimple 3.3.

See the attached image.
If you installed the following folder and file in the root plugin directory, it should work like a charm.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yup, looks like I had some file permissions that wasn't allowing me to activate the plugin. Everything works like it's supposed to. Apologizes!

That said, when the theme breaks down into mobile (ie single column stacked) there are some issues with positioning and color of the footer menu and sidebar menu. If you need any help, I can make a css file that will fix the issues I see.

Great work! Love the overall look of the backend!
(2014-05-14, 05:33:01)mengi Wrote: Yup, looks like I had some file permissions that wasn't allowing me to activate the plugin. Everything works like it's supposed to. Apologizes!

That said, when the theme breaks down into mobile (ie single column stacked) there are some issues with positioning and color of the footer menu and sidebar menu. If you need any help, I can make a css file that will fix the issues I see.

Great work! Love the overall look of the backend!

Good to hear. Yeah I noticed a few issues as well and making those adjustments now. I'm also adding some additional media queries and few other tweaks as well for the next release.

Thanks for the feedback!
Nice work, although I don't like the menu to be on the left now. I also don't really like the color theme, but you add options to change this later?
Maybe the plugin should still look for the admin.xml file for certain settings?

Also, I think it would be better to have the sub menu on the top directly under the main-menu and menu-items of the same size resizing as the main menu.

I don't know what's possible with a plugin, but maybe you can set the Settings-page as a menu-item under Support and remove the useless User profile anchor-link (on the Settings-page), although in current state these buttons are both removed on smaller screens.
(2014-05-14, 07:39:33)datiswous Wrote: Nice work, although I don't like the menu to be on the left now. I also don't really like the color theme, but you add options to change this later?
Maybe the plugin should still look for the admin.xml file for certain settings?

Also, I think it would be better to have the sub menu on the top directly under the main-menu and menu-items of the same size resizing as the main menu.

I don't know what's possible with a plugin, but maybe you can set the Settings-page as a menu-item under Support and remove the useless User profile anchor-link (on the Settings-page), although in current state these buttons are both removed on smaller screens.

Thanks for the feedback. You can change the menu to float right in the style.css, I added a comment line for those that prefer it to sit on the right. As the plugin goes, I plan on adding an options menu to set the color and brand it with a logo in the header section.
In the screenshot-images in your first post the Edit, Save changes, etc. button text is white. In the installed plugin they seem black.

After short testing, this seems an issue in GS 3.3.2 beta2. Seems to work fine in GS 3.1.1 . I might be wrong, will test again.
(2014-05-14, 10:50:14)datiswous Wrote: In the screenshot-images in your first post the Edit, Save changes, etc. button text is white. In the installed plugin they seem black.

After short testing, this seems an issue in GS 3.3.2 beta2. Seems to work fine in GS 3.1.1 . I might be wrong, will test again.

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't had the chance to test the 3.3.2.
On version 1.1 I get the following error:
Quote:Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'color_picker' not found or invalid function name in ~\admin\inc\plugin_functions.php on line 290

New Settings-functions work great.
(2014-05-16, 09:15:05)datiswous Wrote: On version 1.1 I get the following error:
Quote:Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'color_picker' not found or invalid function name in ~\admin\inc\plugin_functions.php on line 290

New Settings-functions work great.

Whoops!
Thanks, I forgot to "remove add_action ( 'header', 'color_picker' );"
That function has now been removed and the error should now be gone.

The login page now matches the admin in v1.2.
(2014-05-14, 10:50:14)datiswous Wrote: In the screenshot-images in your first post the Edit, Save changes, etc. button text is white. In the installed plugin they seem black.

I did not see anything in those screenshots that say edit,save changes, not sure what you are talking about, also your comparing 3.1.1 to 3.3.2, you realize there has probably been some changes to core in there with regards to admin or css, of course.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-05-16, 23:15:31)shawn_a Wrote: I did not see anything in those screenshots that say edit,save changes, not sure what you are talking about, also your comparing 3.1.1 to 3.3.2, you realize there has probably been some changes to core in there with regards to admin or css, of course.

Ok sorry I mean Save Settings, but the buttons I mentioned all seam to have the same style as the Save Settings button. Edit and Save Changes buttons are in the theme editor.

Sorry I meant 3.3.1 instead of 3.1.1 .

Screenshot 3.3.1:    
Screenshot 3.3.2:    

Btw. @ChompDigital When version 1.3 is installed, version 1.2 is still displayed in plugin section, with link to 1.3.

It might be better to let the page refresh after settings are saved, because changes can only be seen after refresh.
(2014-05-17, 04:43:37)datiswous Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 23:15:31)shawn_a Wrote: I did not see anything in those screenshots that say edit,save changes, not sure what you are talking about, also your comparing 3.1.1 to 3.3.2, you realize there has probably been some changes to core in there with regards to admin or css, of course.

Ok sorry I mean Save Settings, but the buttons I mentioned all seam to have the same style as the Save Settings button. Edit and Save Changes buttons are in the theme editor.

Sorry I meant 3.3.1 instead of 3.1.1 .

Screenshot 3.3.1:
Screenshot 3.3.2:

Btw. @ChompDigital When version 1.3 is installed, version 1.2 is still displayed in plugin section, with link to 1.3.

It might be better to let the page refresh after settings are saved, because changes can only be seen after refresh.

I'm working on the refresh after save in settings.
v1.4 has been rewritten and is now available.

Please remove the older version and replace with v1.4.
Awesome, but when no color for header is specified in settings the topmenu isn't properly displayed when resized to mobile size. I mean: background of Icons is white:    
(2014-05-17, 06:45:20)datiswous Wrote: Awesome, but when no color for header is specified in settings the topmenu isn't properly displayed when resized to mobile size. I mean: background of Icons is white:

Thanks, I've updated the v1.4 version and made adjustments to the style.css. Download v1.4 again and re-upload the files.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let me know.
Thanks, this fixed it.
(2014-05-17, 07:22:13)datiswous Wrote: Thanks, this fixed it.

Good to hear, thanks!
Added plugin top-menu's don't have an icon in mobile mode. Maybe would be nice to be able to specify icon. Or is this already possible?
Just an idea.

(2014-05-17, 07:11:03)ChompDigital Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 06:45:20)datiswous Wrote: Awesome, but when no color for header is specified in settings the topmenu isn't properly displayed when resized to mobile size. I mean: background of Icons is white:

Thanks, I've updated the v1.4 version and made adjustments to the style.css. Download v1.4 again and re-upload the files.
The same or similar is still present in the footer when resized to mobile size and no color specified.
thanks! great plugin! i'm, waiting for a branded logo options Smile
user plugin: scroll to top
im found a two small bug's..

in i18n edit navigation structure.. when i want to change position of menu.. and i have a scroll page not on top..
example of screen:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4998...heme_1.jpg

the cursor is on ok position.. but a name and arrows is much higher...

the seccond bug
when in gsconfig is a
define('GSSTYLE',GSSTYLE_SBFIXED); (scrolled menu with scrolling page)
icon's like: logout, setting, support should be always under the menu left/right not like:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4998...heme_2.jpg
when page is scrolled little down
user plugin: scroll to top
(2014-05-18, 06:27:35)xxdex Wrote: im found a two small bug's..

in i18n edit navigation structure.. when i want to change position of menu.. and i have a scroll page not on top..
example of screen:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4998...heme_1.jpg

the cursor is on ok position.. but a name and arrows is much higher...

the seccond bug
when in gsconfig is a
define('GSSTYLE',GSSTYLE_SBFIXED); (scrolled menu with scrolling page)
icon's like: logout, setting, support should be always under the menu left/right not like:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4998...heme_2.jpg
when page is scrolled little down

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make the adjustments and add unique classes to td elements to eliminate the following issues. Also this update will be v1.5 and will include the logo option, I'm hoping to have it ready shortly.