Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning: Cannot modify header information / GS blog error
Hi, I'm new to GetSimple, I know a bit of PHP and CMS administration. I installed GetSimpleCMS-3.3.2 with GS blog yesterday, and now get four warnings; so far they don't seem to affect performance.

1. Two warnings in my admin header -

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/32/d******/htdocs/plugins/gs-blog/lang/en_US.php:2) in /homepages/32/d******/htdocs/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/32/d******/htdocs/plugins/gs-blog/lang/en_US.php:2) in /homepages/32/dd******/htdocs/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 24

- the lines are

setcookie($saltCOOKIE, sha1($saltUSR), time() + $cookie_time,'/');
setcookie('GS_ADMIN_USERNAME', $USR, time() + $cookie_time,'/');

2. two warnings in the Blog tab

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /homepages/32/d*********/htdocs/plugins/gs-blog/inc/versionCheck.php on line 26

Warning: file_get_contents(http://get-simple.info/api/extend/?id=810) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /homepages/32/d*********/htdocs/plugins/gs-blog/inc/versionCheck.php on line 26

- line 26 is -

$api_call = file_get_contents('http://get-simple.info/api/extend/?id='.BLOGEXTENDID);

Any ideas welcome, thanks
what does health check say ?
do you have curl ?

what version of GS?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Aha health check says I have some permission problems. Thanks, I'll try this.
OK I changed some permissions and the health checks is now fine. cURL Module is installed OK. I'm using 3.3.2. Still get the errors though.
There is an empty newline after the ?> in the en_us file
remove it.

Or enable php output buffering.

either way its just a warning
It could also be before the first php tag, not familiar with this plugin, but I am assuming you are not using a host and are using local php install which usually has shitty configurations. Output buffering will fix all these kinds of issues.
(2014-07-07, 07:17:09)shawn_a Wrote: It could also be before the first php tag, not familiar with this plugin, but I am assuming you are not using a host and are using local php install which usually has shitty configurations. Output buffering will fix all these kinds of issues.

Thanks, I deleted the empty line. I still get the errors. I'd like to be able to get rid of them even though they're just warnings.

I've looked up output buffering - what file do I add the code to?
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ob-start.php

I've set up GetSimple with my web host, I need to do a localhost version before long but I thought I'd try it out.
its a php ini setting