Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permissions set, but still won't install
Unable to continue: Unable to write the configuration file. CHMOD 755 or 777 the /data, /backups folders & sub-folders and retry.

BUT all directories and sub directories are either 777 or 755.

Quote:Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/install.php on line 44

Warning: copy(/usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/data/users/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/install.php on line 45

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/install.php on line 48

Warning: copy(/usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/data/users/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/install.php on line 49

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/install.php on line 44
I have worked on one uk host - easily.co.uk - which does stuff like that, eg lets you change permissions then reports that they aren't changed, then you get errors that files aren't saved and that you can't write but they actually are written and saved.

Sorry you haven't had much luck testing out GS. With my normal host everything just works.
Might be a file ownership issue?
My host dissalows me te use file permission 777. I can set it, but the files are unusable.
Some hosts throw protection errors if you set group writable. Which should all show up in host error logs.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Okay, I installed the program within Pair.com with their SIM, which allowed me to complete the install, The health check required me to chmod by the control panel the directories within data and backup. Both data and backup themselves are 707, don't know if that matters. Health check passes, but when I try to save files or update them, no go. Seems like there is no write permission within the site.

Quote:Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/data/cache/e6754a3bfb22c1fcbe53abeb0517b5df.txt) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1037

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1038

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/inc/template_functions.php:1037) in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/inc/template_functions.php:1037) in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 24

Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/data/cache/e6754a3bfb22c1fcbe53abeb0517b5df.txt) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1037

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/USERNAME/buyme/CMS/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1038
I think upgrading to 3.2.2 from 3.2.1 is just going to create more problems...
looks like a cache folder permission issue.
cache in data is 755
sounds like cache folder if not owned by php, in which case you need group write.
775 would work if you can get it set.
It seems to be noteworthy, that the permissions set witch chmod depend on the owner of the file. If this is not the same user that executes PHP, unexpected things might happen.
I've also had some problems with this error (using dedicated server with full ssh access).
I solved it by assigning everything to user www-data (apache).

Code:
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .