Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frixel One
Responsive and Mobile Ready theme built on top of Bootstrap 3. Choice of full width template (Default) or template with sidebar (template-sidebar.php).

If you have any feedback, questions, or are having problems please post in our thread on the Forum and we will update it promptly.

Link to Extend:
http://get-simple.info/extend/theme/frixel-one/836/

Changelog:
1.0.2, 7/19/14, Added #sidebar div for easy CSS styling.
1.0.1, 7/7/14, Cleaned up CSS and removed excess Bootstrap files.
1.0.0, 7/6/14, Initial Version

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am using this theme - it's great. One of those days when you have to have a site uploaded in an afternoon last week and this theme was just the job.

When the site goes live I will give you the link and when I have finished fiddling with it I will give you some feedback.
(2014-07-15, 07:55:50)Timbow Wrote: I am using this theme - it's great. One of those days when you have to have a site uploaded in an afternoon last week and this theme was just the job.

When the site goes live I will give you the link and when I have finished fiddling with it I will give you some feedback.

Appreciate the compliment, and I'm glad you found it useful. Look forward to seeing what you do with it, and if there's anything we should improve upon.

Thanks again,
Michael
My site is here:
http://quantockpetition.org.uk/
Using News Manager Updated and Cumbe's Guestbook.

The theme works well. The only thing I would say you could do is make it possible to select the sidebar, the main content and the footer for css purposes by giving them html 5 names (section, aside, footer) instead of just divs and/or ids(#content #sidebar #footer) for them. It wouldn't harm to copy the default theme ids.
(2014-07-18, 02:37:41)Timbow Wrote: My site is here:
http://quantockpetition.org.uk/
Using News Manager Updated and Cumbe's Guestbook.

The theme works well. The only thing I would say you could do is make it possible to select the sidebar, the main content and the footer for css purposes by giving them html 5 names (section, aside, footer) instead of just divs and/or ids(#content #sidebar #footer) for them. It wouldn't harm to copy the default theme ids.

Great site, theme works well for it.

As for the HTML5, could I simply do a find and replace for all instances of the names, without damaging any compatibility?

All the best,
I really enjoyed using your theme and it's a really small thing but when I wanted the sidebar titles to be centered instead of left-aligned I couldn't select in the css just the sidebar. I had to edit the template so that instead of
<div><?php get_component('sidebar'); ?></div>
I needed
<div id="sidebar"><?php get_component('sidebar'); ?></div>
That's all really.

The default theme has something like
<aside id="sidebar">
<section>
<?php get_component('sidebar'); ?>
</section>
</aside>

But I don't know if that is good html5 nomenclature.
(2014-07-19, 22:14:25)Timbow Wrote: I really enjoyed using your theme and it's a really small thing but when I wanted the sidebar titles to be centered instead of left-aligned I couldn't select in the css just the sidebar. I had to edit the template so that instead of
<div><?php get_component('sidebar'); ?></div>
I needed
<div id="sidebar"><?php get_component('sidebar'); ?></div>
That's all really.

The default theme has something like
<aside id="sidebar">
<section>
<?php get_component('sidebar'); ?>
</section>
</aside>

But I don't know if that is good html5 nomenclature.

We'll have an update shortly with the sidebar div id, look for it in 1.0.2. Thank you.
Edit: done!
I am using this theme - it's great.
(2014-08-01, 18:15:11)annguyen90 Wrote: I am using this theme - it's great.

Glad you're enjoying it! If you have any concerns or feedback you know where to find us!