Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocked out of admin page
Hi all!

I made a GetSimple-website (so far just on my localhost) some time ago. After a while I continued developing, but than I could not log in anymore. I don't get any error message, it just reloads the login page. At that time, I thought it mght be me not remembering my password or so, so I reinstalled.

Today, the saem thing happened again. Reinstalling would be an option, but it's not nice for the future user if they have to reinstal every now and than. So, I'm looking for a better solution. Preferably being able to login again. Any thoughts on how to establish this? I'm my password is correct, since typing in a wrong password results in an error stating that the password is incorrect.

Any help would be very much apreciated Smile
Hmz....

- Emptying cache doesn't do it
- Different browsers all give the problem
- Putting the site on a different server also doesn't solve it

:/
what type of server are you running? Does it work on an internet facing host as opposed to localhost?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I used both my localhost (Xampp) and a live server.

I reinstalled GetSimple and now it does work again. But I'm afraid the problem will rise again... but so far so good.
Benjamin Wrote:I used both my localhost (Xampp) and a live server.

I reinstalled GetSimple and now it does work again. But I'm afraid the problem will rise again... but so far so good.
So far... not so good any more :-(

Same problem again...
Hmz... problem seems to be solved. When I manually set the language back to en_US (in stead of nl_NL), it works fine... Could the translation file be corrupt? Or is it a problem when using a diffrent language in the CMS-code?
In theory, a corrupt language file will/may corrupt your complete admin section. So yes, it could be the problem.

What translation and GetSimple version are you using?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
GetSimple 2.01

Dutch translation: nl_NL
* @File: nl_NL.php
* @Package: GetSimple
* @Subject: NL Dutch language file
* @Date: 10 Sept 2009
* @Revision: 08 Mar 2010
* @Version: GetSimple 2.0.1
* @Status: Final
* @Traductors: Eddyfever | ieddy.nl/get-simple
* @Update for 2.01 Eric Oosterbaan | syscodata.com
I've just encountered the exact same problem. The site is not live, it's on localhost via XAMPP. I'm also using the Dutch translation. I will see if it happens again and try it with the English (default) language file.

UPDATE: Just did a fresh install of GetSimple and all worked fine. I logged in and out a few times without any problems. Then I moved the Dutch translation file to admin/lang and changed it in the settings panel (didn't change timezone, to be sure it's just the language file). The language changed, but once I logged out I couldn't get back in.

I also checked the German language file, to rule out that just switching to another language causes problems. That worked perfectly fine.

Perhaps you could remove the Dutch file from the languages until this is solved?
Apparently people do want a working Dutch translation of GetSimple. I’ll find some time this week—maybe today—to work through the Dutch translation to get it working and possibly fix some things that bothered me about it.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:Apparently people do want a working Dutch translation of GetSimple. I’ll find some time this week—maybe today—to work through the Dutch translation to get it working and possibly fix some things that bothered me about it.

Wow! Cool! If you need any help in translating, let me know.
Benjamin Wrote:Wow! Cool! If you need any help in translating, let me know.

Second that! But it's probably technical stuff rather than translation-related issues I guess?

Personally I don't need the Dutch translation, but for potential clients it would be nice. Frankly, I was surprised there even was a Dutch translation, so that's another plus for GetSimple.
Benjamin Wrote:If you need any help in translating, let me know.
marcoslooten Wrote:Second that!
Of course, having lived some 15 odd years of my short life in the Netherlands I bet I’m going to need a lot of that ;-)

marcoslooten Wrote:But it’s probably technical stuff rather than translation-related issues I guess?
Pretty much, yes.

marcoslooten Wrote:Frankly, I was surprised there even was a Dutch translation, so that’s another plus for GetSimple.
It’s been around quite some time. Like the original translator (Eddyfever) and me have been. GetSimple apparently attracted enough Dutchmen.
Attached is a revised Dutch language file. Adds 1 string and fixed a misspelled identifier. Tested only with the latest development built but it should run on all 2.0+ versions. I was able to login and out as many times I wanted. Please test and let me know whether this fixes the problem.
Zegnåt, from a quick test, it seems it's working fine! Thanks a lot!
So far, so good :-)

Also no problems here. Great!

Tnx a lot!
Hello, can we convert theme forest or any other HTML admin panel to GS also?
I am Web Developer at serverpk