Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED Youtube Embed and responsive resizing
This issue is solved via Fitvid. Leaving the thread up for future reference purposes.

Hi all,

A search didn't reveal a solution to this, so here it is —

I've got a site set up, and one of the pages will probably include YouTube video. Inputting the video iFrame isn't an issue (I can direct the client to do it via the source, no problem there) but I want it to responsively resize based on the width of the body content container div.

A Google reveals that there are several people who've attempted to solve this, and the most comprehensive appears to be the jQuery approach detailed here.

However, this doesn't seem to work on GetSimple. Embedded YouTube videos don't respond to the script. Does anyone have any idea why?

JS/jQuery is working on the page, I should point out — already making use of it to deal with menu styling, so it's not that!

Any more info needed — let me know, I'll be happy to provide it.
Hello jeherrin,

It s interesting to look that fitvid can help me in having responsive video but how to use it with get simple ?
There are some tutos on WP but i don't understand what i have to do with GS.
Is it important having a Jquery theme ?

Could you help me please ?

Regards
try this one...make your youtube video responsive

Patter
In case anyone sees this and is using Bootstrap, there is a specific code that will do this for you (and I think it CSS-based only, doesn't even require Javascript).:

Code:
<div class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-16by9">
<iframe allowfullscreen="" class="embed-responsive-item"
src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/[YouTubeID]?rel=0&showinfo=0">
</iframe></div>