Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
switching menus on / off doesn't work
I'm not sure, if its an update-problem, but seems to be ... just updated from Version 3.1.2 to 3.3.2:

now, if I insert a new page, it doesn't work anymore to switch it on/off in the menu! Sad(
I can insert a new side, but can't disable it in the menu anymore even it I set it private (all in an other browser) - only delete the page.
I "flush the cache" in GS backend, I delete Mozillas chronic, enable/disable the "Front-End User Login"-Plugin (don't know it that matters - works good) - and have no idea why, what there happens - or does not happen!
does anybody has some background-knowlege about how menu-switching works in GS, about dependencies?

With the elder 3.1.2, menu-switching works fine.

In the former installation I have some menu-disabled pages, and the xml looks a littel different, little smaller to my new one.

update from Version 3.1.2 to 3.3.2 by overwriting the folderbranches admin, data, plugins, theme.
But after, there was one file "missed": Six Warnings came, like that: "copy(/.../admin/loadext.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied ..."
after integrating the file loadext.php from 3.1.2, the Warnings are gone. ...! lucky!

another problem came with the writing-rights of two-three folders, but I think, I got it know all (set them to 777).

'till that menu-problem now.

Belletage
Did you update your plugins, do you use i18n?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-08-03, 01:14:31)Belletage Wrote: update from Version 3.1.2 to 3.3.2 by overwriting the folderbranches admin, data, plugins, theme.

To upgrade you must upload root index.php too.
(2014-08-03, 04:24:13)shawn_a Wrote: Did you update your plugins,
no
(2014-08-03, 04:24:13)shawn_a Wrote: do you use i18n?
yes
Rolleyes

I had I18N Multilevel navigation & breadcrumbs (I18N enabled) Version 3.0.5
newest i18n3.2.8 Compatible with: GetSimple 3.1 - 3.3

by update: jepp, solved!!!

mmh, these little mantraps make me smile when they are found!
Thanx a lot, shawn!!

Some of the other PlugIns seems to be not Compatible/tested with the newest GetSimple, so I leave them. Even though I18N Gallery runs ...

Belletage

(2014-08-03, 05:24:29)Carlos Wrote:
(2014-08-03, 01:14:31)Belletage Wrote: update from Version 3.1.2 to 3.3.2 by overwriting the folderbranches admin, data, plugins, theme.

To upgrade you must upload root index.php too.
thank you,
yes. I made this, I didn't mention.

Belletage