Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION User specific CKEDITOR toolbar
Would any body know if there is a way to change the CKEDITOR toolbar to be dependant on the logged in User for ADMIN.

I need and use the "SOURCE" icon for when I am logged in but my customer who has a restricted login (only Pages, Gallery and Files tab) shouldn't have the "SOURCE" TAB as they should never need to access the HTML code (and could be dangerous for them if they did).

I am using the "Multi User" plugin created by Mike Henken to restrict access to the tabs that only they need.

If anybody has any ideas, workarounds or suggestions I would be greatly appreciated.

I'll also put this question in the "Multi User" plugin post.
Thanks
someone made a plugin for this, I do not know if they put it in extend or not, but its somewhere in the forums for sure.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Don't know if you mean my -very simple- user config settings plugin.
I've just found that it doesn't work in GS 3.3, not sure since what version. I'll look into it.
Hello Carlos. This plugin looks EXACTLY what I was after but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. It seems to ignore the GSEDITORTOOL option in gsconfig.php and displays all icons no matter who is logged in.

I use GS 3.2.3 with the Ckeditor 4 patch so this could be part of the issue as well.

Any advice or suggestions or even some code to place somewhere would be really helpful. Having a certain toolbar depending on username could be very useful

I hope you continue to develop it Smile - Thanks.
I don't have that patched 3.2.3 version (and cannot find it for download), so I don't know what the issue may be.

The plugin works with the normal 3.2.3, but not with 3.3.0 onwards. I've started to work on adapting the plugin to 3.3.x

In the meantime I suggest you disable the source code button for all users, and disable the wysiwyg editor for your admin user (or disable js temporarily when you need to edit the source code).

'basic' toolbar without source code button:
Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"
['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat']
");

'advanced' toolbar without source code button:
Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"
['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat'],
'/',
['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize']
");
Thanks Carlos. I look forward to trying it out in the new version Smile

In the meantime I have the SOURCE button enabled as I use it constantly use it and have just communicated to my customers that they should never touch it - one did however which is why I asked the question.

Thanks again for your efforts Smile
Here's an updated 0.2 beta version, adapted to GS 3.3.x
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...0#pid47070
Can you test it with your GS version?
Hi Carlos,

No it doesn't but I have the CKeditor 4 Patch so I assume it may have something to do with that. Thanks anyway. I may revisit this issue when Ckeditor 4 becomes part of the standard install.
Do you have commented out the GSEDITORTOOL line? Like:
Code:
#define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');
(note the # prefix)