Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta Download for 2.02 Available
Zegnåt Wrote:I would like to urge everybody to download and test GetSimple r183.

We need this version tested!
Read his post on the matter.

Download the GetSimple 2.02 Release Candidate

I would be grateful if the community could do some light testing with this version. There aren't too many changes, but enough that testing is necessary.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
i really like this project very nice i have just one question why this project not based on object oriented programming any reason for that.
no good reason other than because it was the way i designed it at first. I never imagined it would balloon into this size of a project.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Small issue

Alignment of text in the options area

[Image: gs1.JPG]

Other than that (so far) all installed OK Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Several comments about the new Custom permalinks:

- In the admin panel, I think it should be clearer that this field is optional and can be (should be usually) left blank. Maybe it could be a bit separated, as Advanced options or something similar.

- Also, on the Help link:
Code:
subdirectory/%parent%/%slug%/ (replace subdirectory  with your own directory)
Someone may think that this is for having *real* subdirectories for pages. It should be stated that this is a "virtual" directory. In this example I would have used other name for that, like "pages", "site", "web", ...

- Finally, the most important: Links to the 'index' page are not being generated correctly (in menus, etc). With this 2 examples,
%parent%/%slug% --> generates the link as SITE/index
?id=%slug% --> generates SITE/?id=index
(both) instead of SITE/ (The -header- main site link, however, is correct.)
About the extra Update/Save page button:

You have "copied" (wow, jquery :-)) it to the sidebar, ok.
But, as in the same line there's also the Cancel link and the new 'X', delete page link, it can easily be wider than the sidebar if your language does not use very short words like English does :-), then it gets wrapped down to the next line.
get_page_excerpt() can break the display of a page if html stripping is off.

Example:
- default install. In template.php, replace get_page_content() by get_page_excerpt(250, true)
- Open the (sample GS) index page.

(Just for the record... as the most common use will probably be the default html stripping on.)
Carlos Wrote:About the extra Update/Save page button:

But, as in the same line there's also the Cancel link and the new 'X', delete page link, it can easily be wider than the sidebar if your language does not use very short words like English does :-), then it gets wrapped down to the next line.

That's strange, as I am not seeing this extra button on the side?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:That's strange, as I am not seeing this extra button on the side?

Do you have javascript disabled? (or some addon like NoScript)
Carlos Wrote:get_page_excerpt() can break the display of a page if html stripping is off.

Example:
- default install. In template.php, replace get_page_content() by get_page_excerpt(250, true)
- Open the (sample GS) index page.

(Just for the record... as the most common use will probably be the default html stripping on.)
I completely agree with this, thats why the default was to strip out HTML
Carlos Wrote:About the extra Update/Save page button:

I fixed it to only copy the "Save" button - should save enough space and still be useful.
chefbyte Wrote:Small issue

Alignment of text in the options area

[Image: gs1.JPG]

Other than that (so far) all installed OK Smile
I think this might be a CSS refresh thing. Try a hard browser refresh and see if it looks better.

Carlos Wrote:- Finally, the most important: Links to the 'index' page are not being generated correctly (in menus, etc). With this 2 examples,
%parent%/%slug% --> generates the link as SITE/index
?id=%slug% --> generates SITE/?id=index
(both) instead of SITE/ (The -header- main site link, however, is correct.)
I will look into this...
- Chris

In 2.02 search plugin doesn't work.
I replased index.php with old one and it works again.
ragou Wrote:In 2.02 search plugin doesn't work.
I replased index.php with old one and it works again.
the /root/index.php file? I will look into this...
- Chris

Sorted the formatting of the new save buttons and the screenshot problem I sent in. I did a full file refresh on my server and all is now working ok.

Except when I run a health check I get the following error:

../plugins/ Bad file - Warning

I have checked all my plugin folders and the httaccess files are all present and correct and all CHMOD to 644?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
In debug mode :

1- install.php
Notice: Undefined variable: SITENAME in \admin\inc\common.php on line 90
Notice: Undefined variable: LANG in \admin\inc\common.php on line 108

2- setup.php
Notice: Undefined variable: SITENAME in \admin\inc\common.php on line 90

3 - All tabs in admin :
Notice: Constant GSVERSION already defined in admin\inc\configuration.php on line 20

4 - Health check
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in admin\health-check.php on line 52
and Version check failed

Php 5.3 / GetSimple 2.02 r160
Suggestion : Limit the use of htmlentities when displaying.
Using it before storage give us bigger files for nothing.
I am using the latest version from SVN (revision r161) and having a problem with file upload in IE 8 - the option to upload is not there.

Flash is installed, so it's not that. If I disable uploadify it works, but it is not that usable as the file input has class 'text' (making it 450px wide).
-- Sam
Hi, I'm getting "Notice: Constant GSVERSION already defined in .../GetSimple/admin/inc/configuration.php on line 20" in most if not all pages.
Seams to be because "admin/template/footer.php" is including "admin/inc/configuration.php" and thus, GSVERSION is redeclared.
Looks like 'Constant GSVERSION already defined in..' error is fixed in latest SVN update (r163). Still cannot upload files using Internet Explorer (any version) though - anyone else have this problem?
-- Sam
Upload file not works
in both positions:

Use Uploadify to upload files?
#define('GSNOUPLOADIFY', 1);
and
define('GSNOUPLOADIFY', 1);

data/upload - chmod 777

php info:

http://www.dentystastomatolog.com/phpinfo/php.php
kotos.net - webdesign / dtp / graphics / photography
Maybe I'm on my own when it comes to file uploads in Internet Explorer...

Using Flash 10, error is in the swfupload.js (an exception is raised `Automation server can't create object`and silently caught in the `ua` function ).

Just replaced `ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash` with `ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.10`. However, that would mean it won't work with those with Flash Player 9 or earlier.
-- Sam
According to uploadify you will need “Flash Player v9.0.24 or greater”. I don’t believe any of us here is a flash developer, so I don’t see us doing anything about that.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Just a comment, for those wanting to test GS 2.02: RC1 had some issues that have already been fixed in the SVN's next revisions. It's better to download the latest from here (thanks to Zegnåt):
http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/downloads/list

(right now r164 is the most recent)
Quote:I would like to urge everybody to download and test GetSimple r178.

What makes this build so much better than anything else? Security patches.

Back in July we (Chris, Mike and I) discussed launching the next stable version of GetSimple, based on r168. GetSimple r165 is the most downloaded SVN build to date and people started recommending it over the GetSimple 2.01 so it seemed time. However, at the time Julian pointed us to some vulnerabilities and we decided these needed fixing before GetSimple 2.02 goes live.

Today I put through 6 security patches, making this the safest GetSimple version yet!
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I downloaded and updated the site, which is now preparing, everything works fine
Only search plugin wrote (it works)
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: outputlist in Z:\home\mysite.ru\www\plugins\gs_search.php on line 85
Quote:I would like to urge everybody to download and test GetSimple r183.

This build features a few minor fixes since the last one. It also includes what hopefully is the final security patch we need before releasing version 2.02.