Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Finding A Page
Greetings,

I am using GetSimple on my website.
http:www.philajazzproject.org

I've been using GetSimple for a while now. I really love its simplicity. Someone like myself with little skills can manage it. No database! I have no experience with databases and I don't even understand the concept.

Anyway, I have a 3rd party, event calendar script, "Promoter." It's a MySQL script and the database is properly setup. The problem is, I can't find it via my website.

Since I know nothing of databases, I am lost in terms of the steps to place it into a GetSimple page.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

homershines
If I understand you have an external script...

if you can reach the Script by adding: http://www.xourdomain.com/youscript/index.php in your browser you can easaly integrate it by placing an IFRAME in a GetSimple page.

It's not a matter of a database. With an IFRAME you can integrate e.g. EBAY into a GetSimple-Page if you like.
Gotcha, but can't reach it with...

http://www.xourdomain.com/youscript/index.php

Is it not installed properly?

Thanks.

Homer
Hmmm...

OK. The Script is properly installed and running but it is not reachable by a normal webaddress?

So I only can assume: The script is not installed, because only an installed script is a working script and there is no way (for me) to test a script without enter a the URL of this script.

So try to install the script/program and try to get it run by calling it from the browser.
Yeah this doesn't make sense.
what do you mean "cant reach it" what the response ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I mean that I can't access the script's load in page via the address described.

I have a thought that the script's needs are set up properly in the database.

I think I have to install the script again and I'll do it myself and follow the instructions closely.

As a rookie, it's sometimes hard to explain because without knowing the proper terminology everything is a "thing." And being a rookie also helps one to know just enough to get into trouble.

Hopefully, I am making some sense.

Thanks.

Homer
The "thing" is, that it's often really hard to see where is the best starting point to help :-)

I try to explain how script/programs (I will call them "app") work.

1. You have to install the app. And - if you need: You have to set up the database. Mostly it is necessary to create a database. Without a database no command is working like expected and the app will show the errors (sometimes ;-)).
2. After that you have to run an installer script. You have to follow the steps.
3. You can test the propper running by typing in YOUR Url... If the script shows errors or the server alerts errors anything is wrong... Perhaps the App, the database, the server or or or....

If there are no errors, you are able to use YOUR Url and insert it into an IFRAME-Tag to make it accessible in a page.
What is the response in your browser ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix