Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gpEasy
Has anyone else used this CMS before? i tried it yesterday - the admin panel seems a little confusing due to its actually part of your site template - but it does however have some nice features that I feel GetSimple would benefit from

I like, the ability to edit content on the fly - as is direct from the site instead of having to go into the admin to edit the page (i think this has been mentioned else where before) - also has a simple blog plugin

Give is a try yourself Wink

gpEasy Link:
http://www.gpeasy.com
Had a look at this, some nice addition that GS could take on.

I like the site menu feature and the ability to edit each page on the fly. Ideal for news pages and quick content updates.
Pete

Chefbyte Services
I checked gpEasy out. One of my web design mentors suggested that I check it out. I like really it, but I also felt the clunkiness of the admin area. And that's a funny thing. I sometimes feel that a CMS with a weird admin area makes doing anything directly in html appear to be just so much easier. But the scariest thing is that the end user would be stuck in awkward land.

But, again, I do like gpEasy.
Just nearly not as much as Get Simple

Peace.

homershines
I've been checking out both getsimple and gpeasy for a little while.

My personal thoughts:
gpEasy has many features that make it easier or more intuitive to use. On the fly editing is great, layout configuration, file management and browse for files is better than getsimple. It has a very nice and easy to use gallery implementation of colorbox. I think it uses CKEditor in a better way--it doesn't reduce the features like getsimple does.

So, there are many things that gpEasy does very well; however, there are a few things that need improvement. Getsimple does a better job with page options, htaccess automatically setup and pretty urls are very flexible.

Some will like getsimple's admin over gpEasy and vise verse.

Both have some great features, both are very "simple" to use and great light weight CMS.

I personally think they would meld into one great project. They are the top 2, IMHO, light-weight easy to use CMS that do not require a database.
We don’t reduce CKEditor ourselves, the way you see CKEditor in GetSimple is the standard “basic” view build into CKEditor. You’re free to switch CKEditor views in gsconfig.php and you can even set it to your own toolbar if none of the standards appeal to you. Just a point I thought I should clarify.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I checked out some of the setting for CKEditor in getsimple. I guess gpEasy has a custom toolbar. The "advanced" doesn't really add much.

I see getsimple has fancybox but I can't really find any documentation on it for getsimple?
because the default facybox
Charles7 Wrote:I checked out some of the setting for CKEditor in getsimple. I guess gpEasy has a custom toolbar. The “advanced” doesn’t really add much.
As I said before, you don’t need to use basic or advanced. You can “set it to your own toolbar if none of the standards appeal to you.” An example of this would be what SamWM did.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I tried the example in that link and it doesn't work. It just puts the toolbar back to basic--at least in version 2.01--tested it on 2.02 and it works but if you use a "full" toolbar set you end up with the same problem as below = grayed out icons.

Maybe I'm missing something. From if statement in the edit.php it only states "advanced" else "basic."

I've done it through the main php files but then I'll have to redo it every upgrade. etc. I would think that there would be a term to get the "full" toolbar set since there is "basic" and "advanced" but no "full?"

I can add a "full" menu into the edit.php file in the if statement, but then many of the toolbar buttons are grayed out. . . I don't know why or how to fix that--a little more hacking to the core than I care to be doing.
Chris has only defined toolbars for advanced and basic, and I see no reason for us to add any more there. You can, in the latest GetSimple at the least, simply define your own toolbar in gsconfig.php this way:

Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL', "['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source']");
(The above would give you basic but without the justification options as I find them to be used wrong by clients.)