Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Iridium
[Image: 0355e3350599717.jpg]

LIVE DEMO | DOWNLOAD

"An awesome general purpose template with modern styling, a monochromatic color scheme, extra page layouts, and awesome photos from Unsplash." Original theme: http://templated.co/iridium

• 3 page styles included: left sidebar, right sidebar and no sidebar. Default is right sidebar.
  • Index page ('index' slug) has a bigger head banner automatically, no need to have a separate template.
  • 'Featured' content is also included. Edit the 'featured.inc.php' in theme's folder.
  • Create 'sidebar-pageslug' components to have page-specific sidebars.
  • The layout is built with skel framework, you may use it for your page content.
Nice one. You might have saved me a lot of work in a new project.
Fluid and graceful theme. Thank you. I like it.
I have these two questions on the template:

When it would be useful to have different size head banners on pages. I'd like equal size banner's on all pages. Where can I change this in your template?
[*]Index page ('index' slug) has a bigger head banner automatically, no need to have a separate template.

I would like to have two columns of Featured Content not three. Where in your template can I change this?
[*]'Featured' content is also included. Edit the 'featured.inc.php' in theme's folder.
(2014-09-13, 00:22:53)charlsouma Wrote: When it would be useful to have different size head banners on pages. I'd like equal size banner's on all pages. Where can I change this in your template?

You need to change line 16 in template files (template.php, template-no-sidebar.php and template-sidebar-left.php)
Code:
<body id="<?php get_page_slug(); ?>" <?php if (return_page_slug()=='index') echo 'class="homepage"'; ?>>

If you want a big banner on all pages, change it to:
Code:
<body id="<?php get_page_slug(); ?>" class="homepage">

If you want a smaller banner on all pages, change it to:
Code:
<body id="<?php get_page_slug(); ?>">

(2014-09-13, 00:22:53)charlsouma Wrote: I would like to have two columns of Featured Content not three. Where in your template can I change this?

In featured.inc.php you see three divs with class="4u".
These are the columns, delete one of them. For the rest two divs set class="6u" (instead of 4).

(There are 12 units to distribute for columns in skel framework. The number in the class name represents relative column width in units.)
Iridium is certainly cool.

But, is the Featured Content really meant to be hard-coded? I'm new to getsimple. I'd like to be able to put dynamic content in there.
(2014-10-11, 10:44:38)photocurio Wrote: I'd like to be able to put dynamic content in there.

Depends on what exactly you want to put in there (and how you want to present it).

In general, dynamic content is obtained through pieces of php code that you need to put to featured.inc.php. It's up to you to decide on which content will it be - latest news, a dynamic list, a generic component or anything else.
(2014-10-12, 04:33:14)vallhund Wrote:
(2014-10-11, 10:44:38)photocurio Wrote: I'd like to be able to put dynamic content in there.

Depends on what exactly you want to put in there (and how you want to present it).

In general, dynamic content is obtained through pieces of php code that you need to put to featured.inc.php. It's up to you to decide on which content will it be - latest news, a dynamic list, a generic component or anything else.

Yes, I realize it would involve php functions. I'm trying to find out what functions call up page (or post, if I use the blog plugin) data.

Suppose I wanted headlines, thumbnails and excerpts from three different pages? I guess I'm looking for some equivalent to WordPress' loop.
(2014-10-12, 04:33:14)vallhund Wrote:

PS. I just found the documentation in the wiki.. I missed that before. Very informative:
http://get-simple.info/wiki/themes:template_tags
Very nice! Thank you.
(2014-10-12, 04:49:16)photocurio Wrote: PS. I just found the documentation in the wiki.. I missed that before. Very informative:
http://get-simple.info/wiki/themes:template_tags

A good place to start.
And remember you're not restricted to three columns in 'featured'.

If you encounter further problems, feel free to write here.Smile
Hello there! Beautiful theme, thank you very very much!

Maybe I'm being a bit dim, but for some reason, I can't find a decent way to change the showing of site title over the banner. Can anyone point me to the correct file? Thanks!

EDIT: I can use workarounds to make it not show, but I'd like a more elegant way to do it. Also, what could be the reason for the same-height-banner trick up above refusing to work? I've changed the code in all three .php files, even though I use only the default template for my two pages. Any help appreciated.
Sorry for such a new question but where do I change where it says "Just Another GetSimple Website" under my website name?
Great theme....

www.portlandmotorbikes.com
It's probably the tag line component.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Duh! Got it. Thanks!
(2015-01-30, 09:07:18)Shooree Wrote: Maybe I'm being a bit dim, but for some reason, I can't find a decent way to change the showing of site title over the banner. Can anyone point me to the correct file? Thanks!

EDIT: I can use workarounds to make it not show, but I'd like a more elegant way to do it. Also, what could be the reason for the same-height-banner trick up above refusing to work? I've changed the code in all three .php files, even though I use only the default template for my two pages. Any help appreciated.

The site title is shown in this piece of code:
Code:
                <div id="logo">
                    <h1><a href="<?php get_site_url(); ?>"><?php get_site_name(); ?></a></h1>
                    <span><?php get_component('tagline');    ?></span>
                </div>

play with the h1 tag

anyway, it's hard to answer your questions without seeing the site.
a quick glance over the page components with Firebug is usually enough to get rid of most problems
I am new to GetSimple, and found Iridium as a great theme to use. However I cannot seem to get the mobile menu's to appear in/on any mobile device or test. Is there anything specific I should be looking at?

Modifications -
I did disable the featured area due to the client's lack of information. Just used <!-- tag in template.php.
I did change the banner.jpg
Modified the size of the logo text smaller

Please advise if you any direction on this one.

Thanks!
Awesome theme! Thanks for the share bro.
I have been looking, but don't see how to move the nav down under the banner, or just at the bottom of the banner.
Here is what I am working on. http://rexguinn.net/kre8now
Thanks
That kind of question is really difficult to answer in isolation but if you don't mind an untidy fix which might break the layout try writing in your css somewhere

Code:
#nav {
position: relative;
top: 100px;
}
Thanks that worked and did not break anything.
Ok one more question, can I put the featured items right after the banner, if yes how?
Thanks
Can't you just change them round in the template? Copy the whole of the div id="featured" , cut and paste it in before div id="main" .  I don't have the theme installed but why wouldn't that work?
Yes that worked
Thanks
Thanks For sharing
Ok I hope this is the last question. How do you change from the default template to the no-sidebar themplate?