Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Uploadify problem with Firefox 32.0.3?
Since last week I am noticing strange behaviour with Uploadify using the current Firefox version (32.0.3).

Basically the behaviour of the uploadify upload button is quite erratic: Most of times it will not open the file browser pop-up at all.

At other times it WILL suddenly work. But with no apparent reason. Refreshing doesn't seem to make a difference. Nor does restarting the browser.

I switched on debug mode and when it works everything is fine, but when it doesn't it yields the following error:

Code:
SWF DEBUG: Exception: Error: Error #2041

Tried it on 2 computers so far (Windows 7 and 8.1), both are the same on Firefox. By the looks of it things are fine on IE11 and Chrome.

I am guessing the Flash plugin and Firefox 32.0.3 don't really see eye to eye (since Uploadify is Flash based).

Has anybody else experienced this too?

Of course switching off uploadify in gsconfig is an easy solution to this problem but I do quite like the upload functionality of Uploadify so if possible I'd prefer to keep using it.
gs version ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I just tried mine, it works fine.
firefox
flash 15.0.0.0.152
(2014-10-03, 04:32:11)shawn_a Wrote: I just tried mine, it works fine.
firefox
flash 15.0.0.0.152

GS version 3.3.3. Also tried it on a separate install of stable with CKEditor patched to v4.3.2: same thing.

Will have a look at some installs that are still on 3.3.2.

Firefox 32.0.3
flash 15.0.0.152

First I figured it was just the one computer (combination of Firefox addons perhaps), but then the other one showed the exact same behaviour.
Do you have the same plugins?
Hello,

I have the same problem. I'm using pdw_file_browser which use swfupload.
And when I click on "browse" button, nothing happens. If i activate debug mode, i get error #2041.

It works well on Chrome and IE, but not on my Firefofox (32.0.3) (and not on my customer Firefox browser)

Have you find a solution ?

Best regards,
Yves
I wonder if its a flash permission issue.