Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION Searching in articles
Rainbow 
Hello everybody. I made a blog I am testing this system on it. I also wanted it to be an informative website about a volcano. People are adding weblinks every day into discussion and the collection of links is the main purpose of the web. Sometimes they put a duplicate because the discussion is very live. I used to add weblinks every day and I used searching feature to compare links. Finaly I found I am in a problem I have not noticed yet. Some articles were found when the weblink was given and some not. I made a small research and found that some characters are not processed by searching function. As the collection became quite large, I added a lot of duplicates. I also cannot rely on the function which does not compare the weblinks accurate. The only thing I need is to search the exact web adress and find out if there is the similar link already present = compare two, maybe very long and complicated links, if they are the same. If not, I am adding the weblink as new. Sorry for not so well English, but I hope it is clear what I mean. I made further examination of the problem and found that there is a problem with this character: &. I need to set that characters like: = & / . ? are included in searching as well as the others. Please help, if you can. Rolleyes
It depends on what plugin you are using for this blog.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-10-11, 02:51:25)shawn_a Wrote: It depends on what plugin you are using for this blog.

Thank you for your interest: I am using GetSimple Blog, to answer your question. Smile