Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Error: Login failed.
Hi All,

So the problem I am having is when I create a new instillation everything seems to be going well and works fine but when I logout/end session whatever and then try to login again to continue working on my site I get the ERROR. I have spent the last 3 days now searching for an answer to this problem on here with no joy.

I am using the latest WAMP Server, Windows 7 (all updates), tried on Chrome and Firefox (again both the latest versions).
[Image: GetSimple1.PNG]
[Image: WAMP1.PNG]
I have now gone through the installation prossess 4 or 5 times now using version 3.3.4. with no plugins (deleting and recopying all files to my root directory). I have tried changing my password as recommended on the Admin page 3 times trying different formats of characters/numbers/symbols etc as well as just keeping the randomly generated initial password.

Also tried activating the Debug and got the log file...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channel><entry><date>Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:43:56 +0200</date><IP_Address>127.0.0.1</IP_Address><Username>megajax</Username><Reason>Invalid User</Reason></entry><entry><date>Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:44:42 +0200</date><IP_Address>127.0.0.1</IP_Address><Username>megajax</Username><Reason>Invalid User</Reason></entry><entry><date>Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:01:15 +0200</date><IP_Address><![CDATA[127.0.0.1]]></IP_Address><Username><![CDATA[megajax]]></Username><Reason><![CDATA[Invalid User]]></Reason></entry></channel>
do you have any files in /data/users/

You should have at least 1 corresponding to the user "megajax"

Are you sure there are no special charachters in the name/password.. just in case thats the issue.
My Github Repos: Github
Yes,

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<item><USR>magajax</USR><NAME>Steven Jeffries</NAME><PWD></PWD><EMAIL>steven.jeffries@yahoo.co.uk</EMAIL><HTMLEDITOR>1</HTMLEDITOR><TIMEZONE>Europe/London</TIMEZONE><LANG>en_US</LANG></item>

As only testing at the moment I have only tried 2 pass words other than the randomly generated initial temp 1, the first was just all lowercase letters, the second one was a mix of letters and numbers.
You need to look in error.log
You are posting data files

Try deleting failedlogins file also
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-10-20, 23:29:22)shawn_a Wrote: You need to look in error.log
You are posting data files

Try deleting failedlogins file also

Just trird doing a screencap video to show you what was happening and is worked perfectly. I didn't do anything different from the last 5 times.

Thanks for trying to help, no doubt I will be back with more questions very soon.
I have seen some hosts cache login fail responses, even when you login successfully
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix