Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM extra menu item in menu manager
Hi,

I've been playing around a lot with the CMS (v3.3.4). Now I have an extra menu item in the menu manager that corresponds to a page I deleted. I don't know what steps got me here. This item does not show up in the nav bar. There is no such page in the pages folder.

I've flushed the CMS cache, the browser cache, and restarted the browser, but the item is still there.

Where is this data stored and how can I remove it?

Thanks!

Update. I compared folders between my localhost (working fine), my web host (with the problem) and another site (also working fine). There was a pages.xml file on my web host that contained data for the ghost page. Since the other two sites do not have a pages.xml file, I deleted the whole file off the web host and I seem to have exorcised the "ghost".

When does the pages.xml file get created? I've tried creating a new page, and rearranging the menu order and this file never gets created.
It is probably a child of a page you deleted, it won't show up in pages in that case.
Did you delete a file outside of the cms?

Do you use i18n plugins?

You can check backups and restore the parent for now to get it back
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-11-16, 07:31:28)shawn_a Wrote: It is probably a child of a page you deleted, it won't show up in pages in that case.
Did you delete a file outside of the cms?

Yes, I did. I did a lot of file move/deletions/additions via FTP. These were in the data/pages folder, the theme, and the default.js for CKEDITOR.

Now that you mention it, I realize that this was a child page. While experimenting, I deleted the parent page through the CMS. Then all the child pages via FTP when I realized that they were still there. The menu manager deleted all the child page entries except this one.

Quote:Do you use i18n plugins?

i18nGallery

Quote:You can check backups and restore the parent for now to get it back

Thanks, but I don't want it back. I'd like to know, however, should there be a pages.xml in the pages folder? Was I right in deleting it (it didn't seem to do any harm)? I found the same file in data/other as well, but left that one.
Well pages won't show orphans , so if you restore the parent it will show up so you can change its parent or edit it manually of course
(2014-11-16, 16:07:39)shawn_a Wrote: Well pages won't show orphans , so if you restore the parent it will show up so you can change its parent or edit it manually of course

That makes sense, and I really appreciate your quick help. But I'm still wondering about pages.xml. In what folder does it belong? What happens if it's deleted?

I'm just trying to understand. I've tried reading through the code, but got lost Sad
its the page cache it gets regenerated
data/other