Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
404 management
404 errors seems to not be catch.
When I look the code, I don't understand how it is supposed to work.
You can see my comments in the code below.
Code:
if (! file_exists($file)) {
    if (file_exists($file_404))    {
        $file = $file_404;
        exec_action('error-404');
    }
}

/*******************************
Why is there no "else" here ? it sould avoid notices on $data_index properties if the file doesn't exists
********************************/

$data_index = getXML($file);
[...]
$url = $data_index->url;
[...]

/*******************************
I think there are some problems between 403 and 404 and a test on $url is useless because in the case of 404, the url will be empty
********************************/
# if page is private, send to 404 error page
if ($private == 'Y') {
    header('Location: 403');
    exit;
}

# if page does not exist, throw 404 error
if ($url == '403') {
    header('HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found');
}
Well, let me see whether I can help you with this Smile

Code:
        $file = $file_404;
    }
}
spilarix Wrote:Why is there no “else” here? It [w]ould avoid notices on $data_index properties if the file doesn’t exists.
You’re completely right. The answer to your question would be something along the lines of: this is how the first version of GetSimple was written. As it started out as a little system for Chris to use he could be pretty confident of the existence of the 404 file.

Code:
# if page is private, send to 404 error page
if ($private == 'Y') {
    header('Location: 403');
    exit;
}
spilarix Wrote:I think there are some problems between 403 and 404
I believe Chris once mentioned having had a long night when he wrote that part of the code. I don’t know whether it’s really of any importance to modify the variable names.

Code:
# if page does not exist, throw 404 error
if ($url == '403') {
    header('HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found');
}
spilarix Wrote:A test on $url is useless because in the case of 404, the url will be empty.
No, when the script has read the XML-data of the 404 file it will have set $url to 403. This is the URL specified by 403.xml.

Anything else?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks for your answers.

Zegnåt Wrote:No, when the script has read the XML-data of the 404 file it will have set $url to 403. This is the URL specified by 403.xml.
- Where is it set ?
- Could you give me an example of 403.xml file ? (It would be interessant to put a default file in the package)
spilarix Wrote:Where is it set?
Code:
        $file = $file_404;
    }
}
This put the path to the 404 file in $file, later in the GetSimple core this file is read just like any other page-file. The path is set on the line just above that if-clause:
Code:
$file_404 = "data/other/404.xml";
spilarix Wrote:Could you give me an example of 403.xml file? (It would be interessant to put a default file in the package)
Check the folder I mentioned above. You’ll find every GetSimple installation should already have a default 404.xml file in /data/other/.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!