Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grill
Thanks, I will need to take that under consideration then Smile
I'm searching for a very modern (mobile/responsive/ML) theme and found this one interesting. I would be interested to see sites that use this template/page to have a fast impression on customization. Maybe someone is still following the thread and has something online.

EDIT:
Found one: leistungsdamast.de

I may compare with Red Agency Theme which seems similar interesting (newer, still in development).
Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 coder. Simple JS & PHP hacker (not enough for new function coding). Build one webpage with GS (late 2012). Focusing on Theme customizing/Template files. Experience with WP.
The subpages (second level menu) seem to not work for touchscreens (smartphones, tablets). Is that so or is there a setting or easy tweak to get touch support?
Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 coder. Simple JS & PHP hacker (not enough for new function coding). Build one webpage with GS (late 2012). Focusing on Theme customizing/Template files. Experience with WP.
(2015-10-15, 08:06:04)ChriS Wrote: The subpages (second level menu) seem to not work for touchscreens (smartphones, tablets). Is that so or is there a setting or easy tweak to get touch support?

I just tested on a windows tablet and an old touchscreen Blackberry and the navigation works for me. Is it an ipad that's not working? I have found hover on and ipad to be a problem in the past.

The theme seems to work okay but there are a couple of of minor errors and issues that I never put right. The css files that came with the original template are big and could be cut down a lot if you are confident.
(2015-10-15, 08:33:53)Timbow Wrote: I just tested on a windows tablet and an old touchscreen Blackberry and the navigation works for me. Is it an ipad that's not working? I have found hover on and ipad to be a problem in the past.
I tested on an Android KitKat smartphone. Tapping (hope this is the correct word) on the first level showed the sublevel but at the same time the first level page was loading not allowing to select the sublevel links. Maybe there is a trick (?), but from other modern themes I saw robust fallbacks on small screen sizes.

(2015-10-15, 08:33:53)Timbow Wrote: The theme seems to work okay but there are a couple of of minor errors and issues that I never put right. The css files that came with the original template are big and could be cut down a lot if you are confident.
I will try to work trough smaller issues like CSS optmization when I feel comfortable with the theme as a whole. I also need to understand some background of the templating (both GS and this theme related I guess).

Thanks for the fast reply.
You will have seen that this theme is a free template from http://www.templatemo.com/tm-417-grill adapted in a fairly rough and ready way for GS. I think I added on the css for the 2nd nav level. It won't have been tested on many devices by me. If you want to be sure you have 'robust fall backs' then you would be wise to test and tinker yourself. 
Great template and nice work, but it sure does take some time to customize. My question is how do you control the Image slider and Testimonial slider speeds on the home page? I would like to slow the transitions down to allow people time to read the text before it moves to the next item.
Woo Flexsliders were part of the original free template. I didn't set them up. You could google to find information on them  or if you prefer open the file plugins.js and find the right variables. Might be line 1045:
Code:
slideshowSpeed: 7000,           //Integer: Set the speed of the slideshow cycling, in milliseconds

HTH
Just wanted to say thanks for building this site template, I don't know how far I would have made it learning GetSimple without out this.

Nice Work!
(2016-03-21, 06:14:38)RandyC Wrote: I am using GS 3.3.8 and Timbows -Grill theme which comes across very responsive on my old Ipod, except for the image on the homepage.

http://boundary.ablurk.com/hope/

I tested also images in photo section and they were not very responsive either. I tested it in FF and adding

Code:
max-width:100%;height:auto !important;

did the trick. You can add it to img in your stylesheet and keep width and height in px in html code of your pages. Check in other browsers.
(2016-03-21, 22:31:42)Ampersand Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 06:14:38)RandyC Wrote: I am using GS 3.3.8 and Timbows -Grill theme which comes across very responsive on my old Ipod, except for the image on the homepage.

http://boundary.ablurk.com/hope/

I tested also images in photo section and they were not very responsive either. I tested it in FF and adding

Code:
max-width:100%;height:auto !important;

did the trick. You can add it to img in your stylesheet and keep width and height in px in html code of your pages. Check in other browsers.

Thank you very much, that seems to work fine and automatically, cool.