Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't add more theme components
I copied this site over from another one, now I can't seem to add any theme components. The original site works fine, the permissions appear to be OK, can someone give me a clue why this wouldn't be working as expected?
(2014-12-29, 17:37:38)grassfrog Wrote: ... can someone give me a clue why this wouldn't be working as expected?

Probably not, without more information.

Any debug messages? (Enable debug in gsconfig.php or use the debugmode plugin.)

- Which version of GS?
- How did you move it from the other place?
- Have you changed the site address (domain name, sub-domain, ...)?
- What did you change after you moved it?
--
Nick.
health check ?
permissions on data/other/components.xml suspected
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Turned debug on, nothing clever there. 3.3.4
copied it from one directory to another using SSH, changed permissions to 755 and chown'd.
Everything else works just fine, except when I press the theme component or the add new category under Random Category, nothing happens except the URL is then appended with a # (but the action doesn't happen.)

I ended up resolving this by deleting admin and re-ftping it up but that still leaves me stumped as to why that would have happened in the first place. Why is is that GS cannot easily be cloned using SSH and simple Linux commands, or if no one else is having that trouble, can someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

Using version 3.3.4 which is the latest version.
New category? This is a plugin, not a core feature.
(2015-01-02, 06:45:12)shawn_a Wrote: New category? This is a plugin, not a core feature.

Yes, but the issue was pervasive - same problem when trying to add a theme component (and that's not a plugin). I just gave that as an example, thought perhaps someone would know why it was happening or could explain to me how to successfully clone a site - or even MOVE a site - using SSH.
What doesn't work pressing s button or actually saving?
Could just be a js error
(2015-01-02, 08:30:40)shawn_a Wrote: What doesn't work pressing s button or actually saving?
Could just be a js error

When you press the button, the add field wasn't displayed and the url had a # at the end.

At any rate, I resolved it by re-FTPing the admin directory but there is still no logical reason why the error occurred or any clear instructions on how to avoid this in the future (other than ONLY FTPing fresh instances, which isn't always an option).

I still get similar errors if I build a new GS site in a subdirectory then move it (using SSH) to the main one, even though ownership and permissions are correct. I'm baffled.
Is it possible that you failed to move hidden files (e.g., .htaccess)? (Linux shell mv command?)

Also, the Linux bash shell has some strange rules for wildcard substitution ('globbing'), which can lead to unexpected results and may have failed to move some files. Were there any files left in the old location?

If you want to investigate further, try using the cp command to make a copy (instead of moving) and then compare the copy directory to the original.
--
Nick.