Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It)
@juliancc

Hi,

there is an incompatibility of your plugin (release 2.5 stable release) and Internet Explore.

With Firefox the gallery is correct, But with IE when i select a thumbnail the picture id Displayed only with the white border and without the cross (in right-top) and caption.

Is it correct?

Thank you
@juliancc

There is another problem...

1) When I upload an image (image.jpg for example). The thumbnail will be stored in

/data/thumbs/

as "thumbnail.image.jpg" and it is not present in the page with gallery.

2) I need to put it in "/plugins/squareit-gallery/thumbs/" but not with the name "thumbnail.image.jpg" ...as "thumbmed.image.jpg".

Is it correct?

Thank you
@juliancc

There is a problem with camptions and italian language.

For example if I write this caption "L'angolo della casa" (in english "the corner of the house") caption displayed will be "L\'angolo della casa"...why?

Thank you
Hello;
Thanks for this great plugin!!!!
I have installed this plugin v2.5 stable release, and i have two problems:
1) When i save a gallery, show the message:
Code:
You don't have permission to access /Getsimple203/plugins/squareit-gallery/data/other/loadtab.php on this server.
This is not very important, because after the gallery saved works well.

2) And this problem that is driving me crazy!!!!
I don´t know because, but in some webs instead of display the thumbs, shows the code of gallery, for example {squareit_gallery_4d2209b8e5086}.
In all webs i have exec-php plugin. The code of gallery is in the content of page.
In that webs that doesn't display the gallery, if delete the exec plugin then the gallery is displayed.
The getsimple version in all webs is 2.03

Please if you know why happen it, comment it.

Thanks.

PD: I forgot to comment that use Fancy url enables.
Regards.
The problem 1) I have already solved, putting the $path to ADMIN correctly in processgallery.php, to end of php.
the problem 2)I´m sorry. I don´t read the following...
Quote:2.5 Beta Features (How To)

The new display function.

squareit_gallery($gallery_id, $return);

With the new version of GSgallery 2.5 you will be able to use this display function to include galleries within your template, component, or if you are using the exec_php plugin.

Params:

$gallery_id => The ID of the gallery (without the squareit_gallery) so if the code is "squareit_gallery_4bdafa5d584f6" you only need "4bdafa5d584f6"

$return => Boolean (true/false) - This if set true, insead of the function echoing the output, it will return the output.
Hi all.

I just installed this on my site, and it works very well so far.
I just wonder if any of you know how to change the size or the dimensions of the thumbnails, since the site i need to use it on, requires square thumbnails.

And also a little side question, is there a way to change to order of the pictures? (Exept for renaming them) It would help me organize them, though its not a big issue.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

And thanks for this great plugin!
Seems like this plugin dont work using ABACUS Theme...

Any ide why the popup never popup?
This plugin is the best gallery available to getsimple.

I think it should be included in the core of new getsimple version.

Please do not give up the development on it.
needs to be done so that the gallery could be placed anywhere on the page, as well as on the news pages
I've got a problem with the gallery.
I added the gallery code to a page and the gallery is correctly displayed.
But when I click on the thumbnail the message "The requested content cannot be loaded.
Please try again later." is displayed.
I set all files/folders that are related to SIG to 777.
Any ideas?

Edit: I'm using the Theme "Default_Simple"
I have 14 galleries on a site, but I need around 40 after getting to 14 the display page does not show any other galleries created?

is there a page 2 function broken or is some other plugin interfering please?

I was using 2.01 but also tried beta2.5

admin/loadtab.php?id=squareit-gallery&item=squareit-gallery&msg=Image Gallery Saved Successfully!

shows more than 14 galleries saved but no display in my admin???
I looked in via ftp and they are there in gallery but not displayed

OH just noticed same message earlier by another user, u asked for more info I will be glad to give you access just pm me!
no more support ?????????
@maxpop problem with your theme I can't really help. It could be many variables.. Does that template use jquery? Support for the plugin has been very limited, because I've been very busy with other projects. It would be great if other devs could help me maintain it, since I have it on google code.
- Julian

My GetSimple Plugins: Simple Image Gallery | TweetMeme reTweet Button
@nicco @itan @daguy Try downloading the latest version. This should fix the issue. It now has pagination links. Let me know if you guys still experience this issue.
- Julian

Oleg06 Wrote:needs to be done so that the gallery could be placed anywhere on the page, as well as on the news pages

Oleg in the new version 2.5 you are now able to put the gallery using php. It's not really documented yet. But it's definitely working.

This is how you are supposed to use it.

Code:
<?php
echo squareit_gallery('4d4a0e2736073');
?>
The parameter being passed is the ID of the gallery.

so for example if your gallery code is: {squareit_gallery_4d4a0e2736073}
then just use: 4d4a0e2736073

Let me know if you run into any other problems
- Julian

oh yeah it works, oh yes it works, but after adding the plugin there was a line
Code:
Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/01/plugins/i18n.php on line 106
http://neowebtime.ru/01/
Oleg06 Wrote:oh yeah it works, oh yes it works, but after adding the plugin there was a line
Code:
Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/01/plugins/i18n.php on line 106
http://neowebtime.ru/01/

I was not able to see the error you report, but I will still look into it.
Thanks.
- Julian

you do not see, because I removed the plug-in gallery, I just checked how it looks in the sidebar

already explained
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/9299/#p9299
Oleg06 Wrote:you do not see, because I removed the plug-in gallery, I just checked how it looks in the sidebar

already explained
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/9299/#p9299

Looking into it is more of a problem with the I18N plugin. In GSgallery i'm using the session to store some settings that need to persist. But I always check to see if the session has been started before I start the session. In the I18N plugin, the dev did not put that check, and that is why is throwing the error.
- Julian

Updated the I18N plugin to ignore the warning.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:Updated the I18N plugin to ignore the warning.
Awesome, thanks!
- Julian

I even got to insert the gallery in the Dominion of news, but after updating the gallery disappears
http://neowebtime.ru/01/bbb/news?dblog_id=1
Hi Julian,

I am new in GS and GSgallery, so i want to thank you for your job.

I am using GS v. 2.03, GSgallery v. 2.5.1

After instalation I changed permissions of the contet of plugins directory on 0777. When i want to save gallery i got this error:

../../../admin/ERROR: Unable to save: 4d4d47c56ab35.xml

the xml file was created, but there are missing thumbs files in the thumb folder. if i put {squareit_gallery_4d4d47c56ab35} in page i can see gallery of empty squares if i click on some sqaue, i can see image.

Have you any suggestion/idea what is wrong? TIA
y11k Wrote:Hi Julian,

I am new in GS and GSgallery, so i want to thank you for your job.

I am using GS v. 2.03, GSgallery v. 2.5.1

After instalation I changed permissions of the contet of plugins directory on 0777. When i want to save gallery i got this error:

../../../admin/ERROR: Unable to save: 4d4d47c56ab35.xml

the xml file was created, but there are missing thumbs files in the thumb folder. if i put {squareit_gallery_4d4d47c56ab35} in page i can see gallery of empty squares if i click on some sqaue, i can see image.

Have you any suggestion/idea what is wrong? TIA

The only thing I can think of, is that you need to make sure the thumbs directory is writable. /squareit-gallery/thumbs/
(777)

Also the data folder.
- Julian