Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It)
cumbe, Please explain:
Post 80 : The problem 1) I have already solved, putting the $path to ADMIN correctly in processgallery.php, to end of php.
how to do this?
you can write code processgallery.php completely?
tosd Wrote:Many thanks kiriakos118.

That has enabled me to create a gallery, which is displaying on the page as thumbnails. When clicked though nothing pops up Sad

I think your lightbox.js is not working
Try to upload all plugins files and folders again

Of maybe ... you can try i18n_gallery plugin
This plugin, allows you upload via ftp your images (includin subfolders like: /general /family e.t.c. )i18n creates thumbnales on the fly and you have some other funcions (e.c. preety photo, fancy box e.t.c.)

see my test site: http://kyriakos.tetepoulidis.gr (My apogolize it's in Greeks)
I found that GSGALLERY would not work as installed. Clicking on the 'Image Gallery' tab returned 'page not found'.

It turned out that the problem was that there was no loadtab.php file in the /admin folder. I found this file in the i18N_gallery plugin and copied it over by hand. Everything then works fine.

Is this an error in the files supplied as part of the install? I only found one other post that seemed to have a similar problem so I do not understand why I encountered this problem when others have not?
maybe it is because this plugin is categorized as "compatible up to GS 2.03"?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Ah yes, Connie. That would seem to be it. I should have noticed.

Well, unless there are other issues I have not spotted, including loadtab.php in /admin would seem to be the only thing standing between GSgallery and V3 compatibility.
Thanks for this nice plugin!

I was testing, but didn't find any options how to show images if they are organized in folders at file management!

Thanks!
Hi,

I know, the problem is known but I didn't find any solutions, but there are.

I use i18n gallery plugin but I can't create a gallery because I'm not logged in.

What do I have to change though I can create a gallery? It's sth. in the source code I assume.

Hope I wrote it well, my English is not so good.
Rubin Wrote:I use i18n gallery plugin but I can't create a gallery because I'm not logged in.

If you are using I18N Gallery, you are in the wrong thread.
This thread lists actions for problem solving in the first post and probably additional ones further on.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I just downloaded the actual file from the extend, it is version 2.5.3

The changelog names that the gallery now is compatible with GS 3.0
So I edited the plugin info in the EXTEND, http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gsg...allery/85/

but unfortunately there is no description to find, how to define languages. And there is no german language file in the package (I think I once translated one??)

Update:
1) download the attached file, unzip it and upload the file de_DE.php to the folder /plugins/squareit-gallery/lang/

2) choose this language file in the gallery settings
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Just installed the plugin and in 5 minutes the site has an on page thumbnail photo gallery with an attractive slideshow. It also has the features my client wants: captions and the ability to save the images to desktop.

Some changes to the css file worked fine as well.

Just wanted to let the community know the plugin works great for me.

I followed the instructions on the download page at http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gsg...llery/85/.

Thanks for making and maintaining this plugin.
Hello.

I'm new to both GetSimple and this plugin, so please be gentle with me! Smile

Having a problem actually creating a Gallery.

At first, I was confused as to where the images actually needed to go, but I understand that now. Problem is that when I go to create a gallery, it allows me to select the images, but when clicking Save Gallery it goes to a URL similar to...

mydomain.co.uk/plugins/squareit-gallery/process/processgallery.php?s=66c51a11d2556aa6f7641ab9fc0a813ec40bd5fc

And comes up with an error of "Oops! Page not found! We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist."

Also on the page to create the Gallery, it shows errors on the right hand side of:

"Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /mydomain.co.uk/plugins/squareit-gallery.php on line 857"

and

"Warning: file_get_contents(http://get-simple.info/api/extend/?id=85) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /mydomain.co.uk/plugins/squareit-gallery.php on line 857"

ANY help with this would be appreciated please!
hello

there's a version problem with the squareit-loadtab.php that makes getsimple believe the version is 1.0 due to register plugin

Bertrand
Bertrand Wrote:hello

there's a version problem with the squareit-loadtab.php that makes getsimple believe the version is 1.0 due to register plugin

Bertrand

I complained about this in the beta thread.
For some reason it ties the filename of the plugin entry to the plugin in extend, instead of using the plugins registered name.
I imagine its to avoid having to read the file when the plugin is disabled. Of course plugins are enabled by default when you install them and can simply show filenames when disabled. So this implementation makes no sense.

It causes issues with plugins that have more than one root php file in it. Or if you try to rename a plugins filename. Which I do alot for testing and localization.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hey, is this plugin updated ?
can we use it for version 3.0 ?
We had all been beginners :)
gugu Wrote:Hey, is this plugin updated ?
can we use it for version 3.0 ?

1) you can see in the EXTEND whether it is updated or not
2) if it were updated it should be checked to use it with GS 3.1

3) why don't you try? It takes very short time to test and after testing you can give us your info here ....
|--

I will do so Wink
We had all been beginners :)
I tried with version GS 3.1 and couldn't get it to work
|--

Hi is there any way to configure fancybox not to stretch phothos beyond their res, or to set it to default width? I really have a problem finding any configuration in it, and messing with css is not the best way to do it.
Hi is there a way the gallery to get photos/images from a folder in the images folder. I mean of the subfolders inside the upload folder, so that when user or admin create a gallery and pick photos the user wouldnt have to scroll down a big for big number of photos.
A requests of sorts for the next version. I found this plugin to be more user friendly than the other gallery plugins available but my question is if there is a way to just embed a code so the slider function shows instead of the thumbnails then the slider after you click the thumbnail?
hi everyone,
got a problem with the simple image gallery plugin. backend works fine. but in frontend all thumbnails are only visible while logged into the backend. maybe a permisson or cookie problem?
anyone ideas?

edit:
found out that its a cookie problem.
in thumb.php there is a login_cookie_check(); commenting it out all works fine. but surely thats not a secure solution. what is that login_cookie_check(); in thumb.php for? how can i get thumb.php working for my plugin gsgallery without beeing logged into the admin panel?
anyone ideas? thx
I have the same issue!

(2012-11-28, 02:07:52)alexandro Wrote: hi everyone,
got a problem with the simple image gallery plugin. backend works fine. but in frontend all thumbnails are only visible while logged into the backend. maybe a permisson or cookie problem?
anyone ideas?

edit:
in thumb.php there is a login_cookie_check(); commenting it out all works fine. but surely thats not a secure solution. what is that login_cookie_check(); in thumb.php for? how can i get thumb.php working for my plugin gsgallery without beeing logged into the admin panel?
anyone ideas? thx
Same here. Thank you Alexandro for posting your temporary solution!

(2012-12-15, 22:13:38)nigdeli_erol Wrote: I have the same issue!

(2012-11-28, 02:07:52)alexandro Wrote: hi everyone,
anyone ideas?

edit:
anyone ideas? thx
i cannot get it to work
i chmodded 777 all squareit-gallery/ files, made a new gallery, added images and got this code:

{squareit_gallery_510292bb148bb}
i then paste this inside a page:

sample text
squareit_gallery($510292bb148bb, $return);

but i just see this code, no images
Hi. This plugin is great but the photos it produces are so large my horizontal menu covers the close-it button.

Can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of the photo that's produced when you click on a thumbnail?

Thanks.

don