Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It)
It's crazy to come back and see that the plugin has been downloaded over 8000 times and I havent done updates since.. Confused

I'm so sorry guys for the lack of updates on the Plugin. Can not even remember when was the last time I visited this forum. I will try to read all the entries in this forum since I last visited and see if there are any important patches I should apply and fixes that will make the plugin fully compatible with the latest version of GetSimple.

If anyone wants to jump in and maybe even fill me in what's crucial.

Thanks!
- Julian

My GetSimple Plugins: Simple Image Gallery | TweetMeme reTweet Button
Huh? It looks good to me.
The Soultion of Alexandro works fine, tho only with GS ver. 3.0 e GSgallery 2.0.

Sadly, the last GS version 3.2.1 doesn't support at all GSgallery showing a weird message like "this function is deprecated".

As far I am concerned I really like GSgallery and I still use with an old GS 3.0. But I think NOW we should make the point of situation and understand if this plugin is finished or not.
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
see http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...ht=loadtab
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Ok I understand now. loadtab.php is definitely deprecated.
So How I can use GSgallery now with the last version of GS ?

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

To fix this for 3.2.1 just rename admin/loadtab.php , GSGAllery scripts will create its own version of the file and it will work as normal.
My Github Repos: Github
Hi n00dles101,
thanks for the tip!
But sadly it works but only half because with the latest version of GS, my site doesn't show the menu anymore!

Code:
<ul><?php get_navigation(return_page_slug());?></ul>

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Working fine for me here on version 3.2.1
My Github Repos: Github
Turn debug mode on, whats the error?
I don't know why people keep having this menu issue. Bad code somewhere I imagine, in a component or something.
Hi! Thanks for replying!
Then, in correspondence with the line of the menu, it shows no error. Except some errors about the time-zone setting.

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Can I have a peek, I would love to figure this out if its an issue while 3.2.2 is in beta.

You get no menu on any page and Template uses standard get_nav and no errors and nothign in error.txt?
Hi Shawn! As you can see, strangely, the error messages are not related to the problem between "GS 3.2.1" and "GSgallery 2.0".

Code:
[12-Jun-2013 15:41:39] PHP Notice:  date_default_timezone_set() [<a href='function.date-default-timezone-set'>function.date-default-timezone-set</a>]: Timezone ID 'Europe/Italy' is invalid in D:\Inetpub\webs\mysiteit\admin\inc\common.php on line 146
[12-Jun-2013 15:41:39] PHP Strict Standards:  date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '2.0/DST' instead in D:\Inetpub\webs\mysiteit\admin\template\footer.php on line 17

On line number 17 of "footer.php" these is this
Code:
<?php echo date('Y') . " " . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']; ?>.

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Yeah set gstimezone in gsconfig to make that go away.

Whats interesting is that Europe/Italy is invalid.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.europe.php

Set it to Europe/Paris, or one of those valid ones in gsconfig.
Ok I changed to "Europe/Paris" and no error message anymore..
Sadly the menu still not appear with GS 3.2.1 + GSgallery 2.0.
Well, surely, a "mystery"... :-D

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

You did not install the upgrade properly.
Ok Thanks! I am gonna check it and then I will let you know!

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

After re-installing Get Simple to use for my personal site. I tried using this plugin. The problem I am having is that the thumbnails do not show up on the page. If you hover over you see the path to the image and clicking opens the slide show. I am using Version 2.5.3 with GetSimple Version 3.2.3. I had it working before on a different site.
The thumbnails seem to be re-created on each page reload or refresh. Is this as it should be? With my glacially slow set-up the delay is intolerable.

Jim
Weird,
try to take a look at your the folder permissions
and let us know.

(2014-03-11, 01:25:52)jimford Wrote: The thumbnails seem to be re-created on each page reload or refresh. Is this as it should be? With my glacially slow set-up the delay is intolerable.

Jim

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.

I got GS 3.3.4 and downloaded the last Version 2.5.3 from GSgallery.
I have done the update like descriped into the new directory .../data/galleries/

I got two lines with GAgallery in my plugin part in the admin area (see screenshot).
One doesn´t changes from V1.0 to the new version. When I try to edit the gallery with the right tab (see screenshot) I get the message: "This functionality is deprecated"

What´s wrong?
Please help me. Greetings from Germany

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

read this page, it's already noted.
Thank you shawn, perhaps my English wasn´t good enough to undestand everything the first time reading Smile
This plugin has not been supported since v3.0
Loadtab was removed because it contained a serious security exploit.
It might be possible to update it to work with load.php
(2014-12-28, 07:01:18)shawn_a Wrote: This plugin has not been supported since v3.0

So, is it still possible to use this plugin?
I obtained also the message "this function is deprecated" when clicking on the "Image Gallery" tab. I have read this thread and have done following: I deleted the file admin/loadtab.php and created a symbolic link of the same name to the file load.php in the same directory. The mentioned tab then appears correctly but there is another message there: "You don't have any galleries yet! Create a new gallery now. It's Simple!" But if I click to the "new gallery" nothing happens.
(2017-02-26, 03:21:12)lotova Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 07:01:18)shawn_a Wrote: This plugin has not been supported since v3.0

So, is it still possible to use this plugin?
I obtained also the message "this function is deprecated" when clicking on the "Image Gallery" tab. I have read this thread and have done following: I deleted the file admin/loadtab.php and created a symbolic link of the same name to the file load.php in the same directory. The mentioned tab then appears correctly but there is another message there: "You don't have any galleries yet! Create a new gallery now. It's Simple!" But if I click to the "new gallery" nothing happens.

The plugin is outdated and needs modification to get propperly working, it's not supported by anyone so don't expect it to work in the future. In the meantime you can better use I18n Gallery plugin.