Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It)
Thanks Julian for explaining me couple things.
I was wondering about tweaking your plugin a little bit, because it's awesome and so simple to use, as getsimple Wink
But after your reply there's not much I could actually tweak, despite hooking SIG onto get_header();.
Adding js along with css can be done manually (although I'd love to be able to use hardcoded 2-3 variables or functions to use), but I know it will keep me awake at night for some long hours Wink

Quote:Regarding the images, I create additional images based on the size of the thumbs. I felt that the original thumbs created by GetSimple were to small. Also I wanted to give in the future the ability for the users to change the size of the thumbs.

hmm... how about altering gsconfig.php thumbnail option ?
I don't even know if this option works, because I've changed it only once, and don't know if thumbnails of uploaded images had their size changed.
I have mixed feelings about different thumbnail sizes of SIG and GS.
For me there is the same amount of pros and cons to have same size of thumbs, and different ones.

About my first -not_so_good- experience with SIG, it was mostly related to css I've created.
SIG inherited all link's styles inside content container, thus I had a hard time fixing displaying thumbnails.
But I still wasn't able to get rid of additional pixels in background's size, until I looked into SIG's jscript.
That's why your plugin is fantastic for non technical users. Unfortunately I had to take it down, and implement one of lightbox effects manually, because tweaking SIG only to display couple images took me too much time Sad

I'm glad to hear that SIG is going to work with customfields plugin, and components.
After you mentioned about more interactive galleries, I hope you will take into consideration all fancybox effects with methods of displaying descriptions.

About eventual updates, are you going to embed jquery with the plugin, not to use files located in admin directory ? It's one of things which bothers me in GS, that plugins use files located inside admin's directory, and I'd like not to see any links leading to this dir, for security reason.
Of course all files can be moved, and links inside them can be changed manually, but doing it over and over would drive me insane.
How about a possibility to switch between using jquery libraries stored locally, and loading them from google/CDN ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad

Messages In This Thread
GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - by yojoe - 2010-07-07, 08:42:16