Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUG REPORT Upgrade 3.3.4 > 3.3.5 with GST_AdminLock plugin
There appears to be an issue with upgrading when the GST AdminLock plugin is installed and active. You cannot get to the admin login page to complete the upgrade process and regain access to your site.

If you go to /admin the AdminLock plugin locks you out. If you go to /admin?<plus your AdminLock key> the upgrade lock out locks you out! Confused

At the very least I would suggest updating the upgrade instructions with a warning to deactivate GST AdminLock plugin before upgrading and reactivate after completing the upgrade.

Otherwise, you need to have shell access to your site files and manually edit the data/other/plugins.xml file and set the AdminLock plugin enabled state to false.

Just spent an interesting few minutes working out how to get back in! Only on a test site though.

DJ
While it is useful to hear of this problem, it's not an issue with GetSimple, but with the plugin. Thus, it should be the plugin (author) that warns against attempting to update with this plugin installed and active, imo.

Whether it's necessary to add another layer 'for security' is a different matter. What do you see as the benefits? (Given a strong, salted password, I see no additional benefit here.)
--
Nick.
The only thing that fails for me is the upgrade redirect after logging in.
All I had to do was login again.

Maybe there is another problem with 3.3.5, or update errors.

Another issue is that this plugin doesn't check to see if you are already logged in, it only checks for index.php which is wrong, since index.php can redirect.

also its admin/?secretthingy
or admin/index.php?secrethingy
NOT admin?secretthingy

As stated previously, this is a plugin, is is not supported in any way by anyone but the author. I will see what i can do about passing along querystrings though.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix