Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do i include menu to external site
How do i get the menu from get simple site to external site, in this case to forum site, so that menu is same in both. Not with php but jquery?
This external site is not part of GS so isn't using the same code for showing the menu. You can use the same theme parts (html + css), but with different (php?) code tags, but this is depended on how theming works on that external site.
There is no easy way as of 3.3.x to include gs as a library to do this kind of stuff.
your best best is to make a component that saves the menu as a static html file you can include.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2015-03-11, 04:22:15)shawn_a Wrote: There is no easy way as of 3.3.x to include gs as a library to do this kind of stuff.
your best best is to make a component that saves the menu as a static html file you can include.

I did that, saving menu li part to menu.txt file. No nonsense forum is html files so i had to include the menu.txt with jquery load.
I just added a "redirect.php" page template script.

See: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...&pid=63444

It will allow you to create a page and have it appear in the menu as needed. When the user clicks the menu item they will be automatically redirected.
I had a short php snippet which savet the main site current menu content from <ul class="menu"> including all the html markup like li and links etc, to menu.txt file and then in no nonsense forum templates i uset jquery to load that menu.txt inside no nonsense forum template ul.