Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION Add PDF File Links
Hey, just a short and simple question. I didn't find any information regarding this. What's the easiest way to add/link previously uploaded PDF files to a page in getsimple?

To be more precise..
I have a download page. There are four categories and users are able to get additional information by viewing/downloading PDF files. Any suggestions? Smile
in wysiwyg editor insert link, click browse.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I can choose link type URL and browse the server and link my PDF, but then the displayed name for the linked PDF is the complete URL link. Or am I missing something?
Yeah that is how ckeditor link works, there have been requests to modify this behavior
I even tried to workaround it, but ckeditor is a pita, and I gave up.

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...ssues/1000
(2015-03-18, 23:46:56)shawn_a Wrote: Yeah that is how ckeditor link works, there have been requests to modify this behavior
I even tried to workaround it, but ckeditor is a pita, and I gave up.

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...ssues/1000

Haha ok :/ I should check Git more often. Thanks for your reply.
Workaround is to switch to source code and change name of the <a> tag, but im not quite sure if my client who does not have any technical background is able to do this. It's not comfortable also. But it's safe to link files from the upload folder that way, right?

Maybe I'm going to write a little script that automatically changes title of the link. Let's seeā€¦
Well can you not just type the title in , select it and click link ?
(2015-03-19, 06:55:40)shawn_a Wrote: Well can you not just type the title in , select it and click link ?

Yes this works, thanks!