Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website and Admin page slow response time
Hello,

I hosted my site on a godaddy server and the site takes anywhere from 2-4 minutes to fully load the site. I don't have many images and the site is only about 7 pages total so Im not sure what could be causing such a long time to load the site. I haven't implemented any caching yet, but for such a small site I can't see why it would take so long to load.

Also, the admin pages load even slower. The files that take the longest to load are pages.php, style.php and various images and gifs in the templates directory. Basically any file in the admin/templates directory is slow to load. style.php in particular can take up to 2 minutes to load. Sometimes the style.php will respond with an error and cause the site to load without an styles.

Its gotten to the point where I can't edit my site because the admin pages are taking too long to load and save. Is there any way I can improve the load time of both the main site and the admin?
godaddy is not really known for being a good host for web applications, especially their cheaper shared plans. make sure your paths and settings are right, and turn off fancy urls and rewriting, at least for now. do your logs show any errors?

as far as gs performance goes, it is a pretty quick application. install gs in xampp https://www.apachefriends.org/ on your local machine and you'll see a difference. a host should be making pages at least as fast as a typical modern desktop (granted, transfers to the browser are much faster locally, but execution time of the scripts themselves should be at least as fast on a host)
i also think it would be the hoster. i installed GS on three different hosts (included local with xampp) and it runs on every host really fast. some times asking the hoster for "more resources" would help. some hosting companys keep their customers on "low speed" for beginning because they think the dont need the full resources. if they will announce it, they will speed up. its a try worth, give it a shot!

(if 50% of the customers dont say anything, they have some more resources over for new ones. its just a financial calculation... )
What version are you on ?

You could try turning off CDN GSNOCDN.

Check for errors, check your browser console to see what assets are taking so long to load, or use a profiling tool.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix