Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xml Xquery Xpaths Xforms Xetc
Just discovering the wonders of xml and it's related components. I'm building a site that will have mostly small data records as content. The specification for this data is xml so once I found there was CMSs based on or backed by xml, I figured it would be a good fit. Why convert it if I don't have to. How much of the related stuff like xquery, xpath and xforms would be easy to implement or are already usable with GS?
My eventual goal is to have these xml docs display in sortable tables, as individual pages and searchable in an advanced way as in based on fields. I'd also like to be able to add records via forms. Since these things are in great numbers, I'd also like to be able to bulk import/upload them though it doesn't have to be in the admin. I can do it ftp. There's going to be 20-30 different record types with 1000s of each. It is possible to put them into 20-30 xml docs as opposed to tens of thousands of tiny records as each type has identical fields/tags. Those would typically be something like; surname, given name, date of birth, city, mother, father and they could be grouped by state with another field/tag for county or I could even break them down by state then county.
I'm just learning all things xml and just installed GS and am in no rush on this project. Just wondering what might be already available to put into use and what I might have to work out in other ways. I greatly appreciate any guidance I can get. I'm not a coder but plan to learn as much php (and now x****) as I can.
We use xml for data storage but I doubt it is going to make your project any easier if you have a specific format already.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix