Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED Slow loading to edit pages
Found GetSimple as was looking for something lightweight and quick.  I've been very please so far but came into a rather strange problem which I've not seen posted here.

When wanting to edit a page from the admin side, after clicking the page to edit it's a very long time indeed for the 'Edit Page' to load.

All admin pages load very quickly as does the site as a whole when browsing as a visitor.

The page I'm loading to edit is very simple and contains only the following text:

Code:
Welcome to Responsible Bystanders

This site is available while being constructed.

If you would like updates, please consider signing up to the newsletter which is sent only for significant update.  We keep your email private and do not share it with anyone.

Load times:

'Edit Page':  Page generated in 60.1644 seconds

Admin 'Pages':  Page generated in 0.0626 seconds

The page to edit but loaded as a visitor:  Page generated in 0.0462 seconds

There are only three pages for testing at this time and all have similar load times; normal speeds for site visitors and loading each admin page.  But ~60 load times when attempting to edit a page.

Here's the list of active plugins:

anonymous
Contact Form
Cookies plugin
Color Picker CSS
Custom Title
Display error
Edit Syntax Highlight
FAQ
GSMaintenance
HTML Navigation 2.0
I18N Base
Innovation Theme Plugin Settings
Last tweet(s)
Microdata breadcrumbs
SA PageTime Plugin
Small Plugin Toolkit
Theme Highlighter
TinyMCE TinyMCE HTML Editor

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

The server stats:

1024 MB

120 GB HDD
1 × 2.4 Ghz @ 80%
Debian 7.0 (Wheezy), 64 bit

Cheers!
Mark
I'd start by disabling some of the plugins – anything not directly related to the working of the site. As you only have the problem in Edit Page, start with TinyMCE editor.

You might also want to try disabling CDN for external files (remove the comment hash symbol from the beginning of the '#define("GSNOCDN",true);' line in gsconfig.php).
--
Nick.
sounds like a CDN issue for sure.
Use your web inspector to figure out what is loading so slow.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2015-04-18, 04:21:32)hameau Wrote: I'd start by disabling some of the plugins – anything not directly related to the working of the site. As you only have the problem in Edit Page, start with TinyMCE editor.

You might also want to try disabling CDN for external files (remove the comment hash symbol from the beginning of the '#define("GSNOCDN",true);' line in gsconfig.php).

Many thanks!  Should have been able to figure it out myself.

The offending plugin was Simple Newsletter.  I did see it was good through v3.1 but since it wasn't updated in several years and had hoped it would run on the current version.

BTW, firstly I disabled CDN as you suggested, above, without any different.

After deactvating Simple Newsletter, I re-enabled CDN and it's blazing fast again!

Cheers!
Mark