Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED HTML entities not loading correctly
Hello,

I built a website with GetSimple and the I18N plugin, and now I notice that whenever an HTML entity is explicitly written in the page source (eg, ' ' to put in extra spacing), it isn't displayed correctly in the browser (though it is in the WYSIWYG), take a look at screenshot below

[Image: 7lKYTcu.png]
Is this intended behavior for GS?
I know I18n plugin puts a content filter over pages, is that the cause?

Thanks for your help
Are you declaring charset=UTF-8 in the template head?
--
Nick.
(2015-04-18, 16:29:51)hameau Wrote: Are you declaring charset=UTF-8 in the template head?

Yes of course. I just tested on a localhost site with I18N-plugin installed, no issues there so it's something else.. Perhaps the theme? Or the server serving the wrong content-type?
Hello,

I cannot confirm problems with theme "Innovation" and I18N plugins.
I use   at several occasions and it is correctly passed through to HTML.

Did you try to deactivate the WYSIWYG editor and look what it did to the source code? That editor sometimes changed my source code, so I generally switch it off.
some servers override charset, you might have to set it in htaccess or something.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2015-04-19, 06:53:24)shawn_a Wrote: some servers override charset, you might have to set it in htaccess or something.
Actually it was a badly placed call to html_entity_encode in my own plugin Big Grin
If there's a way to close a post, this one can be closed Smile
(2015-04-30, 02:58:03)Tyblitz Wrote:
(2015-04-19, 06:53:24)shawn_a Wrote: some servers override charset, you might have to set it in htaccess or something.
Actually it was a badly placed call to html_entity_encode in my own plugin Big Grin
If there's a way to close a post, this one can be closed Smile

You can't close a post, only admins can, but you can set it to Solved. In the Thread Subject you can change No Prefix to SOLVED.