Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photographer
Still tweaking some of the finer points like my content .. but generally almost there.

photographer using GS

if you spot anything that doesn't sit right  please post
Hi Gordo

it is nice and clean , not to many things on it that the visitor not know where to look or to click
i got two points but it is just my opinion ok :-)

1) to bad you didn't use the responsive version from the innovation theme created by Timbow
( http://get-simple.info/extend/theme/resp...ation/615/)
especially for visitors using an mobile device or tablet

2) ,
your contact form is pretty small , this one can be a bit bigger ,,
especially on a mobile it is real hard to read and you need to make it many times bigger

for the rest as i said it looks nice and clean ,, keep it that way
regards mandy
(2015-05-05, 04:06:44)maco-nl Wrote: Hi Gordo

it is nice and clean , not to many  things on it  that the visitor not know where to look or to click
i got two points but it is just my opinion ok :-)

1) to bad you didn't use the responsive version from the innovation theme created by Timbow
( http://get-simple.info/extend/theme/resp...ation/615/)
especially for visitors using an mobile device or tablet

2) ,
your contact form is pretty small , this one can be a bit bigger ,,
especially on a mobile it is real hard to read and you need to make it many times bigger

for the rest as i said it looks nice and clean ,, keep it that way
regards mandy

thank you my friend ...I will downloadand work on the responsive theme  ....  take you point on that  excellent

I was going tochange the contact form to the one I always use  Php form Mail.  which I installed a little while ago ..just got to settle on a good size for it

I plan to keep it as it is plain and simple, the actual design is not the message I want to give, just a little re-write some of the page contents, whichto be honest I am crap at doing

thanks again very much appreciated
I think the gallery can be done better.
First thing is the different design. It's not included in the template, has it's own style.
Second is the header. I can't read the blue on the grey.
Also check the contrast at start page the first sentence, it's light blue on light grey and light blue on white.
Third is the loading time, which takes to long to show just the thumbnails.
Fourth is the quality. It's about photography and the photos don't look good.
Is it because of the preload, or you think someone can download your high resolution photos?
If you want to show your good work, you have to show good quality photos.
Just my thoughts.

So long,
moped
Points taken. I had a gallery already on server. I tried two from the repos, and could not get them to work as wanted.
which one do you recommend. ?
One of the good things about using a CMS is you can alter and edit your site over months and years because content and style are hopefully separated at all the right points. 

If you go responsive your content will need to be responsive as well, and that rules out certain types of gallery, and can give you a headache from having to unpick and alter the css from others. I18n gallery plugin using the fancybox option, and the imagizer plugin to control file sizes works well for me. On this site there are three galleries done like that: http://www.janetphillips-weaving.co.uk/
I have gone for I18N Gallery .. and think I will leave changes at that. I really do not fancy tweaking through a css file again. I will have a read on what the imagizer plug is and does.

I tested in 3 tablets now with the contact form changed I fel it is getting closer to saying heck that's enough. I don't expect thousands of hits or customers.

That is a very clean site well done to who designed ... weaving ..that is interesting ...
i.m.o with this amount of pages and basic navigation, breadcrumbs seem unneeded (and also a bit difficult to read becouse of the light grey with white).
which section datiswous ? I have no white on light grey or shouldn't be from what I can see... wonder if I am missing something
(2015-05-06, 16:45:06)gordo Wrote: which section datiswous ?   I  have no white on light grey or shouldn't be  from what I can see... wonder if I am missing something

Did you actually test this site in IE/Chrome/Opera. colors are totally different depending on browser. Firefox is what you use?

Btw. the imageslideshow in the sidebar is small. This isn't a problem, but the navigation element should in this case not be in the image (I think). Also, the navigation element is positioned slightly out of the image on the left part.
I have made chages and tested should have a uniformity across a couple of browsers... have taken the slideshow off, it was a demo version and have to pay to get the full versions with more features so decided it was not worth the cost
(2015-05-09, 20:56:43)gordo Wrote: I have made chages and tested should have a uniformity across a couple of browsers...  

Header color is slightly different than footer. If that's what you want, then it seems fine now.
not that fussed too much about that... thanks
Site certainly looks better (imo) with the red en yellow colors. Just 2 points:
  • The footer part is very large
  • Have you thought of the order of the top menu? For example, I think most people will expect the contact menu-link on the far right.
  • Maybe add some extra distance around the images (margin/padding) in the text.