Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sure it a dumb question: How do I start?
Hi,

Just started. Installed get simple. It displays the standard Latin gibberish.
1. How do I edit it?
2. How do I do my changes?
3. How do I login?
when I go to: http://get-simple.info/docs It has how to install, but that's it. Where the rest of the documentation? I must be missing something.

Thanks
We don’t really have any more documentation because we think everything is so easy you simply don’t need it.

When you’ve installed GetSimple it should automatically put you in the admin section. From there on everything is self-explanatory. It seems you’ve found yourself outside the GetSimple admin, this is easily fixed, just go to the /admin/ folder within your GetSimple explanation in your browser and you’ll be presented with the login field.

Once you get yourself in the admin section you will see clearly marked buttons to create new pages. Following the links of already existing pages will bring you to an edit page.

I hope you get it figured out!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:It seems you’ve found yourself outside the GetSimple admin, this is easily fixed, just go to the /admin/ folder within your GetSimple explanation in your browser and you’ll be presented with the login field.

Once you get yourself in the admin section you will see clearly marked buttons to create new pages. Following the links of already existing pages will bring you to an edit page.

Just tried the admin. I get to the login. Enter name/password and I get:

Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: authenticated in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/ibdev/html/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 67

Any suggestion?

Thanks
I believe that’s a known variable error, should only show when you enter the wrong name/password combination though. Please try logging in again or even resetting your password so you are sure of your account login.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!