• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another multilingual site
http://citywalk.ami-web.nl/

A relatively simple site for a relative, featuring:

- basic responsive theme based on knacss
- three languages: EN, DE, NL
- fancybox directly incorporated in component
- page layout based on single background pic

My client proposed this page layout, with the page content shifted to the right and the interesting background picture elements remaining mostly fully visible. I think the result is visually pleasing and surprisingly usable. The background picture is also directly related to the content.
Really nice site. simple and effective.
I agree with Timbow.

Just something you can look at:
  • On the reservation page the footer text is a bit high (especially on large screens) I think the footer text should always be at the bottom of the view at least.
Shocked 
Thanks for your comments.
Nice & clean, and furthermore, this reminded me of the issue whether flags should be used to represent languages online. Generally I would say no because they need not be an accentuated feature of the website, but in this case (a brochure site for tourists) I'd say yes Smile (they are so common in tourist brochures and pretty important in this context).
(2015-06-11, 08:57:57)Tyblitz Wrote: Nice & clean, and furthermore, this reminded me of the issue whether flags should be used to represent languages online. Generally I would say no because they need not be an accentuated feature of the website, but in this case (a brochure site for tourists) I'd say yes Smile (they are so common in tourist brochures and pretty important in this context).

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it's an interesting topic. Frankly, I was happily unaware of the discussion but suspected there might be some academic goings-on someplace. Even though there's some validity to the arguments offered by the author and the proposed text labels are a fine solution, the politically correct "O-M-G-some-foreign-people-might-think-this-looks-like-their-previous-colonial-master's-flag" is a bit hilarious. I'm happy to learn it's not going to be a big deal in this specific case.