Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUG REPORT Ckeditor Bugs..(MultiLine Toolbar, Buttons not accessible, et al).
Hello, I'm new here, I'd like to switch to GetSimple, after years with gpEasy, because the getSimple interface seems it'll be easier for my clients.  Also, the php code is easier to read, understand, and adapt!  Mostly, GetSimple seems better designed and less buggy, EXCEPT for a major bug or 2 around the Ckeditor integration:
For me and most writers, the more buttons+tools the better, so I custom added many.  More than can fit in row of the toolbar; but I found that GetSimple doesn't expand or adapt, it just cuts off all the remaining buttons from view!
It gets Much worse:  I, like millions of users with visual disabilities, need to use a computer and Browser set to 'black background screen', with white text.   Many of the worst rich text editors(such as TinyMCE) make their buttons all invisible on such setups.   Luckily, CKeditor is much better with accessibility.  On black screen setups, it automatically converts the buttons to text buttons (using the same text as the 'hover tips' you normally seen when hovering over a button.) But that means that a tiny button expands to 30+ times its width, as in 'Insert/Remove Numbered List'.   Now, I need at least about 4 or 5 rows in the toolbar to see or use the buttons.  Ok, that's fine.  It works in other CMS that use Ckeditor, like gpEasy.  BUT.. in GetSimple, all but the first few buttons are cut off from view or use!   This means, for the millions around the world who need accessibility, it is IMPOSSIBLE TO USE GetSimple without a fix that will allow multiline toolbars, the way other CMS do.   Sad
Another, much smaller issue:   The Ckeditor config documentations (both at their site and in your wiki) says that you can use code like '/','-', to separate the buttons into 'groups'.   That worked fine with gpEasy, but doesn't have any effect at all in getSimple.   The buttons show no groupings (even on normal white screens).
A minor issue: The 'save and Close' button doesn't work, and you will lose your data.   For now, I just don't use that button, and use the GetSimple 'Save Updates' button instead.  
Thanks for any help.  
Are you using the cke patch version ?

Also save and close works fine for me, and no bug exists for this issue.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Oh and '-' seperators only work inside groups.

PHP Code:
$testtoolbar "[
    [ 'Bold', '-', 'Italic' ],
    [ 'Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source'],
    '/',
    ['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize']
]"
;

define('GSEDITORTOOL'$testtoolbar); 

It seems that the seperators are invisible in certain themes, namely ours ( moono color ). I might have to fix that, related to uicolor white
I'm just using the version that came with getSimple v3.3.4.
Any ideas on how to allow its toolbar to adjust and become Multiline, so all can use it?
You probably will have better luck using cke_patch verison of gs on downloads.

Also as far as i know toolbars wrap by themselves, i have no idea what problem you are having. I have never had a toolbar cutoff.

Perhaps you should post what you are doing.
ok, I will look for this cke_patch.  It is available in the plugin section?
Here I will try to upload a pic from my computer, to show how the editor is entirely unusable.  Only the first 5 buttons show.  And several others appear randomly underneath, within the editor section, vaugely, but in a non-clickable state.   I put the pic here:   http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14ncpky&...VusLqOjdQI

or here: [Image: 14ncpky.jpg]
Shawn, I tried the patch, but it did NOT make any difference at all. Same problem. The reason you haven't experienced was explained in my first post. This problems arises most for the 30 million people in the world who need to use a black screen setup due to visual challenges, as you can see in the pic. Ckeditor changes buttons into text buttons, which good is enough, but it widens them, so they can't all fit on one line of toolbar. In other cms I have tried, the toolbar adjusts its lines to accommodate all the buttons, but something in the GetSimple code is cutting it off at 1 line. And that's what unfortunately needs to be fixed before I, (or millions of others with similar eye situations) can use getSimple.
Do you have any idea or clues as to what or where in the getsimple code is causing this? Thanks much for any help.
What is "black screen setup" ?
How are you accomplishing this ?

What accessibility is this for i have never heard of it, what does it offer or why is it preffered to white contrast ?
Seems like inversion would yield better results.

I apologize for not reading your first post thoroughly it was one big paragraph.
A black screen setup is setup with the browser's and OS's color settings. It is necessary for for millions of people who can't tolerate white screens. (In my case, I can last only about 5 minutes in front of a white screen, before my eyes fog over in pain, and I'm done for the day).
UPDATE:
I think it's fixed!! I tried your code above, and it works! The coding I used before was from the wiki, and it created the problem. I'll test it a bit more.
From the wiki I was using code like this:
Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"[ 'Source', 'BulletedList', 'NumberedList', 'Paste','PasteFromWord', 'RemoveFormat', 'SpecialChar', 'HorizontalRule', '/','-', 'PageBreak', 'Indent','Outdent', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter', 'Table','ShowBlocks', 'Format', 'Styles', 'Undo','Redo','Find', 'Bold', 'Italic', 'Link','Unlink', 'Image', 'TextColor', 'BGColor','Smiley']");
http://ckeditor.com/blog/CKEditor-WAI-AR...essibility

High contrast mode.
I will look into what we can do about this , it's obviously a ckeditor bug.
I am asking what do you do to cause this issue though, is this windows high contrast? Browser ?
Details to reproduce...
Thanks for the code!  It partially helped.
But these 2 buttons still fail to show at all on black screen.   They are just missing entirely:  'TextColor', 'BGColor',
They do show appear on white screen setups.  Unfortunately, I can't use white screens for more than about 5 minutes, as it causes my eyes to go temporarily blind.  
Also, I'm still getting overlapped, hidden lines, though not as bad as before.  
You can see what I mean if you temporarily set firefox's or IE's colors [in Firefox: via tools->options,->content->colors], and then trying this code:
Code:
$testtoolbar = "[
   ['Maximize', 'Source','Undo','Redo','Find', 'Bold', 'Italic', 'Link','Unlink', 'Image','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter'],
   '/',
   ['TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Format', 'Styles',  'BulletedList', 'NumberedList', 'Paste','PasteFromWord', 'RemoveFormat', 'SpecialChar', 'HorizontalRule'],
    '/',
   ['Indent','Outdent','Table','ShowBlocks', 'Smiley','PageBreak']
   ]";
define('GSEDITORTOOL', $testtoolbar);

And then reload your browser..
Also, is there anyway to change the width of the editor? That would help a lot. I do use the 'maximize' button, which really helps, but it would be alos nice for me and my visually-challenged clients if I could set the default width of the editor to be wider (maybe idealy making it 50% wider, and the right sidebar more narrow). Thanks again for all your help.
Thanks for your link about 'High contrast mode.' I didn't know about it, but I guess that's it. Although I also reset Windows colors, I think you get this effect just from setting Firefox's colors. As the article mentioned, Fx is the king for accessibility.
see GSSTYLEWIDE in gsconfig
Ok, that GSSTYLEWIDE worked well. Thanks again!
So it seems the biggest problem left now is that 2 buttons: 'TextColor', 'BGColor', don't work AT ALL in 'High contrast mode.' They just disappear.
Do not work as in do not appear , or something else ?

Mine seem to show up..

What browser?
They do not appear at all, they are missing when Fx browser is set to Blackscreen. I filed a bug report with Ckeditor, and I they are working on it now. Thanks.