Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Content Plugin Problem
I'm still using the Random Content Plugin to create banners on my website.

http://www.philajazzproject.org

I made a change to the banners the other night and I've gotten this ugly message on my page...

Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /home/philadelphiajazz/public_html/plugins/RandomContent.php on line 53

Warning: shuffle() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/philadelphiajazz/public_html/plugins/RandomContent.php on line 55

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/philadelphiajazz/public_html/plugins/RandomContent.php on line 57

Can anyone help me?

Is there a better solution for random text and images for Get Simple?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Homer
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=6973
Thanks.
I will get to studying this.

Homer
Also wise to disable pho error reporting on a production server.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Shawn,

As a newbie, I can't locate where to tune off the pho errors in the gsconfig file.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Homer
(2015-05-26, 13:10:29)homershines Wrote: Shawn,

As a newbie, I can't locate where to tune off the pho errors in the gsconfig file.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Homer

He means php errors (I think)
(2015-05-23, 00:22:38)datiswous Wrote: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=6973

Btw, that topic is only about random images. If you want text and images that plugin might still be the best (if you get around your problem). Just tested it, plugin random content works fine for me. Although in this case I used a component with the theme code in it so in combination with dynpages I can use it in a page instead of a template.
PHP Code:
# Forces suppression of php errors when GSDEBUG is false, despite php ini settings
define('GSSUPPRESSERRORS',true); 

will attempt to suppress errors, although it should be disabled on your host ideally.
Not really a GS issue
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Thanks Shawn.

Homer
Just installed Random Content, once installed and activated, entire site was showing a server error.  Once deleted, site was back up...
(2015-06-07, 01:41:26)elubben Wrote: Just installed Random Content, once installed and activated, entire site was showing a server error.  Once deleted, site was back up...

You might have to delete that other plugin Random ads, since this is based on that plugin. You might actually have to delete files in data/other (not sure, backup first).
(2015-06-08, 06:18:52)datiswous Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 01:41:26)elubben Wrote: Just installed Random Content, once installed and activated, entire site was showing a server error.  Once deleted, site was back up...

You might have to delete that other plugin Random ads, since this is based on that plugin. You might actually have to delete files in data/other (not sure, backup first).

Did what I needed doing a different way using a php snippit from here.  Thanks for all the help!