Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News Manager 3.7 beta
News Manager 3.3 beta 32 available
Download (GitHub)

- New custom setting classPostImageLink allows specifying a class for post images' links (@Oleg06)

- Optional top admin "News" tab in backend, instead of sidebar link. (@serjoscha87, @Tyblitz, @TeeJay, @davetest)
Enable with gsconfig define('NMTAB', true);
If it's enabled and the Multi User (user-managment) plugin is installed, you can select "News Manager" as custom landing page. (@davetest)

- Added "NEWS_TAB" string to language file for the admin tab label. Can be redefined with
$nm_i18n['NEWS_TAB'] = "My News Tab"; in gsconfig.

- New NMWARNUNSAVED gsconfig setting to disable warning about unsaved changes in edit_post and edit_setttings pages: define('NMWARNUNSAVED', false);

- New German translation by @Markus00000 (Thanks to @Connie for maintaining the original version)

(see previous changes in NM 3.3 here: beta 28, beta 29, beta 30 and beta 31)
(2015-11-17, 09:36:44)morvy Wrote: 1. OK - will continue putting it into functions.php
2. now I have my custom display function in functions.php and after each update I just modify site.php file where I replace the function's name, so maybe just clause if exists would be fine

I'll start working in implementing support for custom post rendering functions soon (I hope).

However if we put them in the theme's functions.php file, it will not work with GetSimple 3.4 (because of a change in the core, and the way NM renders its output)

So I think we'll have to create and use a separate theme file that would be loaded by News Manager. It should have a .inc.php extension so that it's not listed in the page template selector. Perhaps nm-functions.inc.php, or nm.inc.php, or news_manager.inc.php, ...
Hi Carlos

Feature request - A special tag that stops a post from appearing on the News page so that it will only appear in pages using other tags that are set.

Update - ...or maybe what I'm seeking is a checkbox in post options to exclude post from the main (all) news page but have it only visible in pages where posts are shown due to their tags.
News Manager 3.3 beta 33 available
Download (GitHub)

Latest changes:

- All error pages (non-existent tag or post, invalid archive or wrong page number) now return a 404 code.
- News pages for non-existent tag and invalid archives now display a "No posts have been found." message (NO_POSTS), just like the main news page.
(@DmitriyT)

- New template tag that can be used in the single post view: nm_post_date() (@singha-cz)

- Hungarian translation completed (@szrudi)

- Top "News" admin tab translated (in Czech, German, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Turkish)

See complete changelog for 3.3.
News Manager 3.3 beta 34 available
Download (GitHub)

New in this version:

- Custom month list (MONTHLIST language string) for strftime parameter %B, to override your server's month names
- Alternative month list (MONTHLIST_ALT language string), supported by (non-standard) parameter %EB - it can be used for genitive month names.

Example for Russian months (nominative, genitive), with NM custom settings:
Code:
MONTHLIST Январь,Февраль,Март,Апрель,Май,Июнь,Июль,Август,Сентябрь,Октябрь,Ноябрь,Декабрь
MONTHLIST_ALT января,февраля,марта,апреля,мая,июня,июля,августа,сентября,октября,ноября,декабря
DATE_FORMAT %e %EB %Y
or in the language file:
Code:
"DATE_FORMAT"         =>  "%e %EB %Y",
"MONTHLIST"           =>  "Январь,Февраль,Март,Апрель,Май,Июнь,Июль,Август,Сентябрь,Октябрь,Ноябрь,Декабрь",
"MONTHLIST_ALT"       =>  "января,февраля,марта,апреля,мая,июня,июля,августа,сентября,октября,ноября,декабря",

If this is good for Russian or other languages that use different nominative/genitive variants (like Polish), I can include these in the plugin's language file.

(See complete changelog for 3.3)
Oh, thank you very much, Carlos.
News Manager 3.4 beta35 Download (GitHub)

Numbered page navigation now has a maximum number of page items displayed: 7 by default, with first and last items always visible and at least two items on either side of the current page number. Truncated items are replaced by an ellipsis item ("...")

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Customizable with some new custom settings, see here
Thank you, Carlos, works well http://getsimple.business-website.ru/novosti/page/4
Thank you for testing.
Hello!

I use custom fancy url's so that my link end-up with html (site.com/page1.html) based on .htaccess
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+).html?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
How could I make news pages use same format?
Now it's
site.com/blog.html?post=news-slug

Thanks!
Sorry for the late response.

Right now if you enable fancy URLs both in GS and NM settings, you have:
site.com/blog.html/news-slug

But I suppose what you need is:
site.com/blog/news-slug.html
that is not currently possible (unless you patch the plugin of course), but I want to implement this.
(2016-02-27, 03:41:58)davetest Wrote: Feature request - A special tag that stops a post from appearing on the News page so that it will only appear in pages using other tags that are set.

Try this:
- Replace files in news_manager/inc by the ones in the attachment.
- Add your "special" tag (or several tags separated by commas) to your gsconfig.php like this:
Code:
define('NMDEFAULTEXCLUDETAGGED', 'tag1,tag2,tag3');

Or you can use "invisible" tags (prefixed with underscore), e.g.:
Code:
define('NMDEFAULTEXCLUDETAGGED', '_hide');

(Posts having excluded tags will not be listed in: the main and secondary news pages, date archives, sidebar recent and archives functions - only in tag pages and search results.)

Attached Files
.zip   nm34beta35-NMDEFAULTEXCLUDETAGGED.zip (Size: 16.41 KB / Downloads: 1)
(2016-05-09, 02:09:36)Carlos Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 03:41:58)davetest Wrote: Feature request - A special tag that stops a post from appearing on the News page so that it will only appear in pages using other tags that are set.

Try this:
- Replace files in news_manager/inc by the ones in the attachment.
- Add your "special" tag (or several tags separated by commas) to your gsconfig.php like this:

Code:
define('NMDEFAULTEXCLUDETAGGED', 'tag1,tag2,tag3');

Or you can use "invisible" tags (prefixed with underscore), e.g.:

Code:
define('NMDEFAULTEXCLUDETAGGED', '_hide');

(Posts having excluded tags will not be listed in: the main and secondary news pages, date archives, sidebar recent and archives functions - only in tag pages and search results.)

Thank you Carlos for this solution, it works great.
News Manager 3.5 beta (36) available: download

New replacement template functions for proper canonical meta tag
For better SEO, you can edit your template(s) and change get_header to nm_get_header (or get_i18n_header to nm_get_i18n_header if you use the I18N plugin)
Correct canonical meta tags (in <head> section) will be generated for single posts, archives and tag pages.

Changes in integration with Multi-User plugin:
By default, now there is no custom permission to prevent access to NM Settings (which was introduced in NM 3.3). Users will only be granted access to NM Settings if they have access to Plugins OR Theme management pages.
However this can be reverted with new gsconfig setting NMMULTIUSERCUSTOMPERMS (see below)

I've had to do this because of a bug in the Multi-User plugin available in Extend (version 1.8.2) - it breaks when you try to add new users.
If you use a patched or forked version that doesn't have this issue, insert this in gsconfig.php
Code:
define('NMMULTIUSERCUSTOMPERMS', true);

Change in function nm_post_url
This template tag (available since NM 3.0) will now display/return the post permalink with escaped ampersands (&amp instead of &).
This should only affect sites that have a default/non-fancy permalink structure in GS settings.
Any custom script or component that e.g. uses nm_post_url(false) may have to change it to htmlspecialchars_decode(nm_post_url(false))

------
If no one finds issues with this beta, I'll release 3.5 shortly.
I'm leaving for NM 3.6 some other features I planned to have in this version, sorry.
News Manager 3.6 beta available - download

Built-in date and time picker in edit_post page (#270)
Notes:
- It is enabled by default, but can be disabled in gsconfig: define('NMDATETIMEPICKER', false);
- Date/time validation is now disabled if datetimepicker is enabled, but can be enforced in gsconfig: define('NMDATETIMEVALIDATION', false);

(note: the NM DateTimePicker plugin is no longer required, and should be deactivated/removed)

Also:
- Fixed issues with ellipsis ("...") in numbered page navigation (#269)
Another beta for 3.6 - download

Posts can have a meta description (like normal pages)
and the first and second beta work fine
[Image: nm.png]
Thank you very much, Oleg.
@Carlos maybe you can tell me how i can use custom field on your news manager loop? is it possible?
Not currently possible.
If you need custom fields I suggest you use I18N Special Pages (plus I18N Search).
(2017-12-23, 03:21:42)Carlos Wrote: Not currently possible.
If you need custom fields I suggest you use I18N Special Pages (plus I18N Search).

Are you planning such functionality in the future?
Yes, in fact it's in the to-do list (#225).
But I'm afraid it won't be soon. (That's why I usually suggest using Special Pages if NM doesn't have what you need.)
News Manager 3.7 first beta available for testing:
http://www.cyberiada.org/cnb/news-manager-i/ (docs and zip for download)

In this version you can customize the post layout with either components or template files, using PHP functions/tags.

Note: those docs are temporary and will be updated.
(replying to http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...0#pid62410 )

(2018-04-22, 07:03:15)Oleg06 Wrote: [...] everything is cool, the templates just work great, I'd have to make a template for the paginator Smile

As you know, you can customize html markup, classes, etc. for the paginator, but you have to use NM Custom Settings. (If you need help with this, let me know.)

(I may add support for another template file where you can define custom settings for your theme without having to enter them in NM Settings.)

I'd like to add templating for the paginator, but I cannot think of a way to do it. Any ideas or suggestions? Any example of how would the paginator template be like? The logic is more complex than for post rendering.
I posted this code in the sidebar, because the old one did not work, but how do I do now to show 3 news?
Code:
<div class="nm_post">
    <h3 class="nm_post_title"><?php nm_render_title(); ?></h3>
    <p class="nm_post_date">Published on <?php nm_render_date(); ?></p>
    <?php if (nm_must_render_author()) { ?>
        <p class="nm_post_author">Author: <em><?php nm_render_author(); ?></em></p>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (nm_must_render_image()) { ?>
        <div class="nm_post_image"><?php nm_render_image(); ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    <div class="nm_post_content">
        <?php nm_render_content(); ?>
    </div>
    <?php if (nm_has_tags()) { ?>
        <p class="nm_post_meta"><b>Tags:</b> <?php nm_render_tags(); ?></p>
    <?php } ?>
</div>