Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First client site built with GetSimple
I found this amazing CMS only 3 days ago and integrated a previous client's template into the cms with some minor customization and functionality (Soundcloud api integration, contact form and custom settings).

After working a a few hours on the website, I sent my client a preview link and this was his response:

Quote:Okay I am seriously satisfied with the layout of this website! It is simply amazing, and so easy to add new content and other links!

Development Time: ~6 hours

Custom Functionality:
SoundCloud API
The soundcloud tracks are fetched from the SoundCloud API, this functionality was previously embedded into the main index.php file, but has since I moved the site over to GS been moved into functions.php where it has been refactored to be easier to use and more flexible.

Customizable Social Media Links
I found the Custom Settings plugin created by Tyblitz, which I used to enable my client to change the social media links at the top-left of the website, as well as change the soundcloud username and api key(if needed)

My experience with GetSimple CMS has been nothing but fantastic, if I were to nitpick a little it would be that the developer documentation could be improved a little bit, but all the basics, I am now offering this as one of my services on my website, and I hope to provide many more clients with such an easy and intuitive way of managing content and settings.

I have also donated to this project and purchased a banner spot at the bottom.
(2015-06-26, 21:14:05)HelgeSverre Wrote: .....
Development Time: ~6 hours.....

That's really good going.
Isn't it great when you can just get a good job done really well and everybody is impressed and happy?
(2015-06-26, 23:36:18)Timbow Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 21:14:05)HelgeSverre Wrote: .....
Development Time: ~6 hours.....

That's really good going.
Isn't it great when you can just get a good job done really well and everybody is impressed and happy?

Yes! 
It's quite liberating, If I were to do this in WordPress, Joomla or god forbid my own custom cms it would take ages and probably turn out sub-par, GetSimple is now my go to CMS and the thing I am going to push clients to use whenever they ask for a website with a cms.
wow that is great, your site looks cool, enjoy using GS.
I am Web Developer at serverpk