Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS Plugin Installer
I agree maybe add a "data-markdown" to those fields so someone can implement their own js md parser.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I've got some errors and plugin does not working.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user12032/www/ella-rozhkova.ru/plugins/gs_plugin_installer/PluginInstaller.class.php on line 110
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user12032/www/ella-rozhkova.ru/plugins/gs_plugin_installer.php on line 204
(2015-07-20, 23:47:16)wakh Wrote: I've got some errors and plugin does not working.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user12032/www/ella-rozhkova.ru/plugins/gs_plugin_installer/PluginInstaller.class.php on line 110
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user12032/www/ella-rozhkova.ru/plugins/gs_plugin_installer.php on line 204

Try deactivating it and removing all the files, then try reinstalling, if the issue persists I'll take a look at what might be happening-
Web Developer
Plugins: GS Plugin Installer | Referrer Blocker | Password Protect
GS updatet to last (3.3.6)
plugin reinstalled
errors are still here Sad

PS
tested on 3 sites and 2 hosters
(2015-07-21, 19:18:26)wakh Wrote: GS updatet to last (3.3.6)
plugin reinstalled
errors are still here Sad

PS
tested on 3 sites and 2 hosters

I will do some testing.

Which hosts did you try it on?
Web Developer
hosts - this mean hosting services?
activecloud.ru and some other
(2015-07-25, 03:37:10)wakh Wrote: hosts - this mean hosting services?
activecloud.ru and some other

Which is the "other"?
Web Developer
nichost.ru
(2015-07-27, 18:22:37)wakh Wrote: nichost.ru

This might be an issue with the php setting: allow_url_fopen

try to enable that option and try again.
Web Developer
Hey Helge,

I finally tested your plugin locally; it's really neat.
Like how the search searches author fields too (and that it's instant).

I only have 1 weird (minor) issue that every time the page is reloaded, the table overflows the container (on Chrome):

[Image: 6U3OKm9.png]

Some food for thought:
  • Isn't very visible that clicking the table headings sorts the plugin alphabetically by title/descr (perhaps add an up/down arrow icon). Also not convinced sorting alphabetically by description is really useful.
  • As for the markdown issue, there's a (pretty simple) JS lib (that I have tested before) for converting markdown to HTML on the fly: https://github.com/evilstreak/markdown-js. If processing the entire list at once could have a performance impact, you could just strip out the markdown for the initial bits of info, and render the markdown for the expanded description.
  • The most reliable bit of info to me on this plugins' repo is missing: data of the last update... I know it's only a click away, but would still be handy to see it directly (or maybe as title attribute on the version) With WP you can more or less trust star ratings vs amount of downloads, but because the user base here is smaller, I consider the 'last updated date' to be ultra-important.
  • Hovering over a description expands it (this is not necessarily something I want, I could be just scrolling down to see the n'th entry). This sometimes results in the page scrolling up and down randomly. I would rather have it in a Wordpress-like fashion with a 'View details' link which expands (or ev., like in WP, opens up a dialog box with the full info, see screen below)
[Image: 7Lhe9q9.png]
(2015-07-28, 21:48:06)Tyblitz Wrote: Hey Helge,

I finally tested your plugin locally; it's really neat.
Like how the search searches author fields too (and that it's instant).

I only have 1 weird (minor) issue that every time the page is reloaded, the table overflows the container (on Chrome):

[Image: 6U3OKm9.png]

Some food for thought:

• Isn't very visible that clicking the table headings sorts the plugin alphabetically by title/descr (perhaps add an up/down arrow icon). Also not convinced sorting alphabetically by description is really useful.
  • As for the markdown issue, there's a (pretty simple) JS lib (that I have tested before) for converting markdown to HTML on the fly: https://github.com/evilstreak/markdown-js. If processing the entire list at once could have a performance impact, you could just strip out the markdown for the initial bits of info, and render the markdown for the expanded description.
  • The most reliable bit of info to me on this plugins' repo is missing: data of the last update... I know it's only a click away, but would still be handy to see it directly (or maybe as title attribute on the version) With WP you can more or less trust star ratings vs amount of downloads, but because the user base here is smaller, I consider the 'last updated date' to be ultra-important.
  • Hovering over a description expands it (this is not necessarily something I want, I could be just scrolling down to see the n'th entry). This sometimes results in the page scrolling up and down randomly. I would rather have it in a Wordpress-like fashion with a 'View details' link which expands (or ev., like in WP, opens up a dialog box with the full info, see screen below)
[Image: 7Lhe9q9.png]

Thanks for checking out the plugin Tyblitz! 
Your post gave me some ideas for optimizing the plugin.

The reason the table overflows when you refresh is because it is actually parsing a lot of HTML at once, because I'm outputting pretty much the entire list of plugins at once, this is a pretty poor way of doing it, but for now it works, I'll work on proving that with some sort of json-fetching pagination-y thing with datatables(the table plugin).

I like the idea of using the wordpress-way of showing details, this way the browser don't have to handle as much HTML at once, and I could use fancybox or similar to load the full description (with Markdown to HTML parsing!) on the fly once a user clicks more details.

This would make room for more columns, like the "last updated" column you are missing.

I will look into adding an arrow icon to the column header, should be a quck and easy thing to do.
Web Developer
Hi Helge,

i have problem with installation of this plugin "simple-contact-fork" with the installer.
It installed the plugin not into a subdirectory something wrong i do not why.

Can you check this?

Thanks

Harald

P.S. any planned option to install themes too ??
(2015-07-28, 20:18:57)HelgeSverre Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 18:22:37)wakh Wrote: nichost.ru

This might be an issue with the php setting: allow_url_fopen

try to enable that option and try again.

php-info.php said
"allow_url_fopen On" and I don't know how to override it in .htaccess if I need
(2015-08-24, 04:03:07)phpman Wrote: Hi Helge,

i have problem with installation of this plugin "simple-contact-fork" with the installer.
It installed the plugin not into a subdirectory something wrong i do not why.

Can you check this?

Thanks

Harald

P.S. any planned option to install themes too ??

it's my fork. try origin plugin "simple-contact" and report

PS
+1 for themes. it's must have feature
also
http://lotusalbus.ru/php-info.php (nichost.ru)
Quote:it's my fork. try origin plugin "simple-contact" and report

That will work fine, it's the Simple Contact Fork which has a problem: the ZIP file contents from Extend only include the subdirectory contents, not the main file and the subdirectory itself. With a manual install, there'd be the same problem.
To make it work you have to download Simple contact first, then overwrite the contents inside the simple_c folder.
Preferably wakh would update the ZIP in Extend though.

(2015-08-24, 09:11:51)wakh Wrote: PS

-1 for themes, it's a plugin installer. You can have many plugins but only one active theme, and themes are possibly quite large (assets),  or some themes come packed with plugins (cf. Timbow's) which could cause duplicate contect and mess of files. 
I'm all for it, but rather as an extension to this plugin (or a different one with the same base) than in the core.

@Helge noticed an oddity with search: eg, when I look for GS custom settings, it's only the 7th result.
Apparently the search:
 - doesn't give precedence to a full match
 - gives precedence to plugin descriptions vs. titles

[Image: YqxUn8L.png]
plugins that are incorrectly formatted should not be supported, maybe one day ill fix extend to reject them properly also.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Simple Contact Fork corrected. please try
(2015-08-25, 05:47:28)Tyblitz Wrote:
Quote:it's my fork. try origin plugin "simple-contact" and report

That will work fine, it's the Simple Contact Fork which has a problem: the ZIP file contents from Extend only include the subdirectory contents, not the main file and the subdirectory itself. With a manual install, there'd be the same problem.
To make it work you have to download Simple contact first, then overwrite the contents inside the simple_c folder.
Preferably wakh would update the ZIP in Extend though.

(2015-08-24, 09:11:51)wakh Wrote: PS

-1 for themes, it's a plugin installer. You can have many plugins but only one active theme, and themes are possibly quite large (assets),  or some themes come packed with plugins (cf. Timbow's) which could cause duplicate contect and mess of files. 
I'm all for it, but rather as an extension to this plugin (or a different one with the same base) than in the core.

@Helge noticed an oddity with search: eg, when I look for GS custom settings, it's only the 7th result.
Apparently the search:
 - doesn't give precedence to a full match
 - gives precedence to plugin descriptions vs. titles

[Image: YqxUn8L.png]

I'll look into why datatables is not giving precedence, thanks!
Web Developer
Hey Everyone,

New to GS and loving it. I have installed the PlugIn installer but I cannot seem to get it to work. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and have the GS base in my /var/www/website/public_html/ directory. All my permissions appear to be right but the installer fails each time I try to use it. How can I go about basic troubleshooting to figure out what I have done wrong?

Thanks,
Dean

So I found this in my apache2 error log:
PHP Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /var/www/oclug.ssccbogart.info/public_html/admin/install.php on line 48

over and over again but with different line numbers...44 thru 59. As I suspected it is a permission issue. How can I correct this?
(2015-10-24, 00:17:48)deawar Wrote: Hey Everyone,

New to GS and loving it. I have installed the PlugIn installer but I cannot seem to get it to work. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and have the GS base in my /var/www/website/public_html/ directory. All my permissions appear to be right but the installer fails each time I try to use it. How can I go about basic troubleshooting to figure out what I have done wrong?

Thanks,
Dean

PHP Warning:  chmod(): Operation not permitted in /var/www/oclug.ssccbogart.info/public_html/admin/install.php on line 48

over and over again but with different line numbers...44 thru 59. As I suspected it is a permission issue. How can I correct this?

It might be because PHP scripts don't have access to change folder/file permissions on your host, I found an issue similar to the one you are experiencing:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23070266/php-chmod-operation-not-permitted-safe-mode-deprecation-involved

What i'd recommend you do is to change the file/directory OWNER to be the webserver user instead of whatever it is now (presumably root?).

You can do this via SSH like this:

Code:
chown -R webserver-user /var/www/oclug.ssccbogart.info/public_html/

replace webserver-user with the user that runs the apache/nginx service (probably www-data).
Web Developer
(2015-10-26, 19:23:54)HelgeSverre Wrote:

Thanks,
Dean

PHP Warning:  chmod(): Operation not permitted in /var/www/oclug.ssccbogart.info/public_html/admin/install.php on line 48

It might be because PHP scripts don't have access to change folder/file permissions on your host, I found an issue similar to the one you are experiencing:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23070266/php-chmod-operation-not-permitted-safe-mode-deprecation-involved

What i'd recommend you do is to change the file/directory OWNER to be the webserver -ser instead of whatever it is now (presumably root?).

Code:

replace webserver-user with the user that runs the apache/nginx service (probably www-data).

Big Grin Thank you Sir! Spot on and installing plugin's like a champ!

Yeah!<hi fives HelgeSverre vigorously and takes him to the pub for a pint!>
(2015-10-27, 03:43:45)deawar Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 19:23:54)HelgeSverre Wrote:

Thanks,
Dean

What i'd recommend you do is to change the file/directory OWNER to be the webserver -ser instead of whatever it is now (presumably root?).

Code:

Big Grin Thank you Sir! Spot on and installing plugin's like a champ!

Yeah!<hi fives HelgeSverre vigorously and takes him to the pub for a pint!>

Big Grin Yay
Web Developer
Maybe you can add a changelog somewhere.
is this plugin still under development or project closed ?