Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats Your Profession?
I am wondering what all of you're professions are?

I personally am a web developer working for a tech firm here in Norway, what are you? Smile
Web Developer
Plugins: GS Plugin Installer | Referrer Blocker | Password Protect
(2015-07-04, 07:05:55)HelgeSverre Wrote: I am wondering what all of you're professions are?

I personally a am a web developer working for a tech firm here in Norway, what are you? Smile

Un-employed and back in school for A+, Network+ and Security+ at 58....
(2015-07-05, 02:32:17)elubben Wrote:
(2015-07-04, 07:05:55)HelgeSverre Wrote: I am wondering what all of you're professions are?

I personally a am a web developer working for a tech firm here in Norway, what are you? Smile

Looking for a job in IT then?

I have looked at the A+ in the past, didn't go for it since i shifted into a development career instead of IT  and support, I'd recommend you get the Security+ and Network+ and possibly try to transition into InfoSec, its a very hot market right now with not a lot of people actually knowing it, if you can get into that niche and become great at it, you will be set for life.

Whats your background?
Web Developer
(2015-07-05, 02:34:21)HelgeSverre Wrote:

I have looked at the A+ in the past, didn't go for it since i shifted into a development career instead of IT  and support, I'd recommend you get the Security+ and Network+ and possibly try to transition into InfoSec, its a very hot market right now with not a lot of people actually knowing it, if you can get into that niche and become great at it, you will be set for life.

Whats your background?

Background in Public Safety, Fire/EMS/Security, developed a lesion on the spinal cord and everything changed....now going for IT Security....Looks like I was on the right track for your posting....
(2015-07-05, 07:04:10)elubben Wrote:

Whats your background?

Background in Public Safety, Fire/EMS/Security, developed a lesion on the spinal cord and everything changed....now going for IT Security....Looks like I was on the right track for your posting....

I've been thinking about moving into the security field myself, but at the moment I'm enjoying the development field.

What type of infosec are you interested in?  (wireless, embedded systems, web applications etc) 
Web Developer
Im an ICT Technician, graduated this spring at 35.. also Un-employed kinda, I really don't know yet what i am going todo. Maybe we start our own business with my girlfriend, she's an Graffic's designer and really interested into software development.
(2015-07-05, 07:25:59)HelgeSverre Wrote:
(2015-07-05, 07:04:10)elubben Wrote:

Whats your background?

I've been thinking about moving into the security field myself, but at the moment I'm enjoying the development field.

What type of infosec are you interested in?  (wireless, embedded systems, web applications etc) 

Don't know yet...just started school once I secured all the grants needed...it's going to be a work in progress for now...
Gene
I'm a finance/tax director (in construction) and I really-really hate it.

What I love is making music (slightly more than a hobby) and what I'd really like to do for a living is programming. Even finished Java training but still hesitating to give up finance (too much to lose)....
Student learning humanistic subjects, and musician. Graphics and webmastering are just my hobby.
Glowczynski.pl - webmaster, graphic designer, translator.
For any job offers contact me via artur@glowczynski.pl.
I am rocket scientist and ex everything, also i have phd, pc, adhd, bmw and mb Dodgy ..

naah.. really im unemployment no profession/education social security case living with food stamps