Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas? Methods to Bulk Load XML content
Getsimple newbie here, but experienced with XML.

I have a vast repository (I almost wrote suppository) of XML for my website.  XML ...that's why I chose getsimple, XML is my daily workflow.

I have about 400,000 small files, sum total of about 4 GB of content.  Much of the content is updated frequently.  

My next step is to build a semi-automated workflow to upload and maintain that content in getsimple.

Development steps:
  • manually build content in Admin interface, then study how getsimple structured that content in server files
  • build a semi-automated process that creates content in the same manner
I envision final workflow similar to:
  • local bash scripting on my computer that uses XSLT to create getsimple XML files
  • using FTP to sync new content with the web server (and/or making the website a git repository and syncing content that way)
Action:
  • I invite comments to extensions that may help me in an automated workflow
  • I invite general comments of things to do... and things not to do, when designing a workflow
Aside: my first few serious tries at this included Drupal, Wordpress and Joomla.  All wonderful systems---but all oriented toward hand-writing original content --- automating XML workflows in those CMS required extensive  custom programming. Alternatively, the simplicity of getsimple allows me to easily build my own backend systems (I think).
Gs cannot handle anywhere close to that number of pages.

I would instead use gs hooks to load your data from other sources and custom menu generators for all this content.

You could Use custom url routing and content stuffing via the data_index hook

But no way for the backend to support this amount of pages.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2015-07-04, 10:32:58)shawn_a Wrote: Gs cannot handle anywhere close to that number of pages.

I would instead use gs hooks to load your data from other sources and custom menu generators for all this content.

You could Use custom url routing and content stuffing via the data_index hook

But no way for the backend to support this amount of pages.

That's a disappointment. I wanted to do this without custom programming. I will have to rethink this.

Thanks.
It would be a fairly small amount of programming, and could be a plugin.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix